New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pat from Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Default Pat from Quebec

Hi guys!

I am from Montreal, Quebec. In the beautiful place that I live, governments' bad investment in road infrastructure + cold weather make it a terrible place for a good car's maintenance .

I am a new owner of an old 2001 Accent. Rusty on the driver's side, but still looks fine. It has taken me to my destinations with no problems for a small lets say... 6 months!

I love this ride. It's cheap in gas, insurance, repairs, etc. Even if power is kinda limited, I think Accents are fun rides. (must not expect extreme feelings though).

I am having some problems with it and I'd love to repair it all by myself. For the costy 800$ I paid for this ride, I would be reallly ashamed to throw money to a mechanic. I am a young do-it-yourselfer studying mechanical engineering in Montreal, and I am craving for mechanical knowledge and experience.

I think that my Accent's problems + a good forum + a lot of reading and watching a lot of DIY videos will one day make me a good mechanic.

All these are the reasons of my subscription to this forum. I invite you to take a look at my posts and help me solve my problems. I also will try to help the best as I can in this forum.