New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Volume settings change after phone call

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 03:52 PM
Default Radio Volume settings change after phone call

I have a 2018 Hyundai Tuscon. My radio volume settings change after receiving a phone call via bluetooth. I have the front and rear volumes centered before the call and after I hang up, the settings go to All Rear settings. Haven't been able to figure it out other than moving the volume setting back up from the rear to the center after parking the vehicle(won't let you do it in gear). Any help is appreciated..

Old 02-03-2022, 04:45 PM

A suggestion ,
Try as many different situations as you can to see what conditions allow that volume to change.
What you would be attempting to do is; see what conditions are active and which are not when this happens.
Then we would look for what those conditions have in common and go from there.

Old 02-03-2022, 09:58 PM

Other than after getting a phone call, haven’t noticed the volume changes any other time.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:46 AM

Could it be there is some signal coming from your phone that your vehicle's radio is picking up?

Is it possible for you to try another phone set up? See if it does the same thing , if it does at least we would know it is not the phone causing the problem.

Old 02-07-2022, 11:52 AM
Default Radio Volume

Nothing else is connected except the blue tooth for incoming phone calls. It happens every time an incoming call is present even if I don't answer it. SMH

Old 02-07-2022, 03:54 PM

Next question,
When you are getting an incoming call, how does it notify you ?

What I am try to determine is , If a certain signal is coming through, say a ringing sound, that could generate a stray signal that your radio is picking up.
It sounds a little far out, but with electronics strange things can happen. AND something like this is not really that far out !

Old 02-07-2022, 04:20 PM
Default Phone signal

I believe the phone rings and vibrates and the dash display indicates incoming call with the Green(pickup) Red(hangup) icons.

Old 02-08-2022, 02:36 PM

Did you attempt to go into the "Settings" on your dash display? You may be able to alter that feature. I believe some systems will lower the volume when a phone call is received ,(In this case it is shifting the balance setting to all rear ) so the person receiving the call can hear better.

Old 02-08-2022, 04:07 PM
Default Radio volume

I'm not sure what settings to check but I'll give it a look...

Old 02-09-2022, 10:39 AM

What does your owner's manual say regarding this feature? Many times the instructions are in the manual.

Quick Reply: Radio Volume settings change after phone call