New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

whud up ppl

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Default whud up ppl

hey i just got my account here. i drive a 2003 hyundai accent base coupe. right now it has some damage to the passenger door. i have a new one in the mail. but thats not the problem. i just cant find anywere on the internetthe wire color code to the stereo! i have no clue on whats what. its so friggin frustrating. if any of you experianced what i am going threw or know what im talking about do you think you could give me some advice please? thanks much.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: whud up ppl

I can help you out on the stereo. The easiest way (assuming the stock stereo connector is still there) is to simply buy the adapter harness. You don't have to know anything about the car's wiring then; the wires coming from the adapter harness have color-coded wire leads that you simply match up to the same color wires coming out of your new audio unit, and splice the wires. You don't touch the car's original wiring, just plug the adapter harness into the car's audio connector. The connector runs about $20 at places like Best Buy (although you may have to ask them to get one for you from the installation department where they actually put the stereos in).

If the original connector is not there, then you need to match up wire colors. You can look it up for yourself on WebTech, Hyundai's online service manuals. I wrote a guide on how to register for and navigate in WebTech. It's free to register, free to access the information. Here's alink to my guide: http://www.dfwhyundais.com/diy/DIY-WebTechGuide.html

If you can't find it or have any problems, let me know and I can find it for you.