Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/off-topic-33/)
-   -   How do you rank your dealer? (https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/off-topic-33/how-do-you-rank-your-dealer-270/)

Winston Azera driver 04-05-2006 04:16 PM

RE: How do you rank your dealer?

WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID YOU BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY???

I mean ... you have several warranties already provided by Hyundai. I think you were taken advantage of. You have 10 years-100,000 miles with the new car. You have 7 years unlimited mileage body perforation warranty, you have 5 years unlimited mileage roadside assistance, and you have 5 years-60,000 miles of bumper-to-bumper.

YOU BOUGHT AN EXTENDED WARRANTY??? YOU NEED YOUR MONEY REFUNDED. I would complain to Hyundai about that one!!!

Winston Azera driver 04-14-2006 02:56 AM

All I've had done at this time is an oil change. They got it done quickly, and the only thing I didn't care for was the service manager telling me not to change my oil at 3,000 miles. He recommended 5,000 miles. The Azera booklet says 3,750 miles. I get free oil & filter change and tire rotation for one year [deal was part of the sale at this dealership].

All in all ... the service people that actually did the work were very thorough and checked other things, topped off fluid levels, etc. We haven't had any other problems. There isn't anything at all wrong with this car. My husband and myself have been looking for something to go wrong, or be wrong from the start, but this car is perfect. Amazing!

Doohickie 04-14-2006 01:26 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about the three different Hyundai dealers I've used for service. The purchasing dealer is 40 miles away so I don't use them much, but they gave me a free oil change and did it quickly and flawlessly in a shop where you could eat off the floor. I've had my tires rotated and balanced at another dealer that has a Hunter balancing maching, which is important to me because of tire vibration issues I've heard that some people experience (there is Hyundai Tech training that discusses this issue). The third dealer I went to because they are close to where I work and I got a Check Engine Light on the way to work. It took them two times to diagnose the problem but they finally replaced the purge valve and so far, no recurrence. Even though they had a little trouble diagnosing, they were very courteous and conscientious in their attitude and were determined to get it right.

As a kind of funny aside, the day I got the car back after that repair, I started to put in some fog light wiring, including using the provisions in the fuse box for the fog lights if they are OEM. When I was done for the night, the car wouldn't start. I took all the new wiring out and had it towed right back to the dealer (using Hyundai Roadside Assistance), and they found that a fuse was missing. Along the way, I either moved a fuse or it fell out. They fixed that for free as well. Like I said, very courteous and conscientious.

(The fog lights are now in and work fine.)