Other Hyundai Models This section is for any older European or American models that we may have excluded.

I30 inside moisture

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 10:42 AM
Default I30 inside moisture

Hi.

Hope I can get some advice here.

The past 2 winters my i30 has been icing up on inside windows as well as outside, I have reported this to the dealership and they have checked for any leaks and hadn't found any.

I live in Sweden and it has just become better weather so I took out the rubber mats to wash and dry them thoroughly also I wiped down the door with a dry rag. I noticed that there was moisture on the door where the hinges are and also quite a lot inside the speaker grill.

What do you suggest I do about this?

Old 02-13-2019, 08:20 AM

Hi James:
Make sure the drain holes at the bottom of the door are not clogged with leaves and other debris. Have a close look at the door seals, window surrounds and the weather stripping at the bottom of the window frame. If you take the inner door panel off you can possibly trace how the water enters. You can now also dry out the speakers.
Let us know what you find.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I was reading up on a few methods on how to stop inside car.
One of the methods that I tried was to fill an old pair of tights / leggings with cat litter and just keep it in the car.
The 2nd one I tried was to 1st clean your windows inside with window cleaner then add a layer of shaving foam. Apparently shaving foam has the properties of the antifog creams sich as rain x.

When I jumped into the car this morning I saw no moisture or fog so may have worked or maybe a coincidence .. Only time will tell.

Originally Posted by allegretto
Hi James:
Make sure the drain holes at the bottom of the door are not clogged with leaves and other debris. Have a close look at the door seals, window surrounds and the weather stripping at the bottom of the window frame. If you take the inner door panel off you can possibly trace how the water enters. You can now also dry out the speakers.
Let us know what you find.

Old 02-14-2019, 04:38 PM

Using an absorbent may help some but it is not a long term solution. Do yourself a favor and check the drain holes at the bottom of the doors.
If you don't expect rain or snow consider leaving a small gap of two windows open. This allows moist air to escape. I would not do that in a kleptomaniac part of town.

Old 02-16-2019, 08:25 AM

Sometimes when cold air meets warm air it will condense on the surface and that could be a clue where the air is getting in. Might be a good idea to check the weatherstripping as "allegretto suggested ,especially in the hinge area, It could be letting in cold air or moisture there.