General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

OBD2 Codes Pass but Still Problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Default OBD2 Codes Pass but Still Problem!!!

Hyundai Elantra 2000 with 120K miles

Last week three isses happened at same time:
[ul][*]Power window not working[*]A/C and Heat not working[*]Headlights excluding parking lights and brake lightsnot working[*]The radio is on but speakers not working (my little kids of deaf parent told me) [/ul]
I alreadyinspected two fuse boxes but no busted fuses. I purchased a brand-new OBD2 scan tool at auto part store and tested it. It never provided any errors.

I prefer to fix on my own since I could not afford labor costs. What am I looking for if you may know? I appriecate your great efforts to help me out.

Thanks, Mookie

Old 03-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Default RE: OBD2 Codes Pass but Still Problem!!!

HELLO

PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND TO SOLVE THE CAR PROBLEM URGENT.HERE IT IS OBD2 Codes Pass but Still Problem.

[ul][*]Power window not working[*]A/C and Heat not working[*]Headlights excluding parking lights and brake lightsnot working[*]The radio is on but speakers not working (my little kids of deaf parent told me) [/ul]

I alreadyinspected two fuse boxes but no busted fuses. I purchased a brand-new OBD2 scan tool at auto part store and tested it. It never provided any errors.

PLEASE EMAIL ME URGENTLY.

THANK YOU
MOOKIE..

Old 03-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

According to this schematic:

it looks like Fuse 16 controls many of those functions. Try changing out Fuse 16, even if it looks good.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:08 PM

I too have tried to trace the wiring schematics, and too be honest, cannot trace all of these components to a common fuse or fusible link that wouldn't create far more electrical failures of components. Yes, I do suggest you go through all the fuses and fusible links with an ohmmeter to make sure they are all good. After that, I would suspect a common ground has failed. The most likely candidates are under the dash designated G01 and G01-1. G01-1 is in the area where the switches and radio are mounted. That's where I would look first. G01 is under the forward kick panel next to the driver's door. Look for loose wires that should be anchored to the metalic part of the car.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:54 PM

* Power window not working
* A/C and Heat not working
* Headlights excluding parking lights and brake lights not working
* The radio is on but speakers not working (my little kids of deaf parent told me)
I was reviewing Doohickie's response and the schematic he provided. Three of the four problems you describe do route through the fuse 16 and g01-1. I think your audio problem is no power to the system amplifier. Question...did this problem start with the installation of a new radio?

Oh yes, a blown fuse or broken ground will seldom generate an error code.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:57 PM

Damn...I was not paying attentiononce whenI inspected each fuse. I put it into wrong #15 port instead of #16 port. A/C and heat, headlights andraidoreally work!!!

Thanks so much for your prompt replies.

One of the current problems is power window. I (deafie) could not hear the sound of electronic part of power window, but I could feel the vibrate. The window can not be rolled up or down.

The first problem showing up was power window. When I drove up to the Drive-by USPO mail box, I rolled the window down during the chilly day.Suddenly, it was frozen and I could not shut the window.

I suspect that wire of window part may be loose? Is there something I am anware of?

Ken99: No, I didneither install the new radio nor update the radio system.

Many thanks, Mookie

Old 03-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Default POWER WINDOW PROBLEM!!

One of the current problems is power window. I (deafie) could not hear the sound of electronic part of power window, but I could feel the vibrate. The window can not be rolled up or down.

The first problem showing up was power window. When I drove up to the Drive-by USPO mail box, I rolled the window down during the chilly day.Suddenly, it was frozen and I could not shut the window.

I suspect that wire of window part may be loose? Is there something I am anware of?

Please reply as soon as possible!

Thanks
Mookie

ORIGINAL: Mookie

I prefer to fix on my own since I could not afford labor costs. What am I looking for if you may know? I appriecate your great efforts to help me out.

Thanks, Mookie

Old 03-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Default RE: POWER WINDOW PROBLEM!!

The first problem showing up was power window. When I drove up to the Drive-by USPO mail box, I rolled the window down during the chilly day. Suddenly, it was frozen and I could not shut the window.

If you feel the vibration of the motor and some one else can hear the motor turning, then I think the teeth on the window regulator rack have stripped. If the motor doesn't sound like it turning, then it could have simply failed. I don't think loose or broken wires are involved since the other three windows are working. If you google search for "Elantra power window regulator", you will come up with a number of links that indicate this is a fairly common problem. Unfortunately, this means you need to remove the inside door panel, remove and likely replace the entire power window regulator. Goto:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_remove_a_door_panel_and_handle_to_repai r_the_window_in_a_'00_Hyundai_Elantra

for advice on removing the door panel and regulator.