Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Finally hit 250k

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:40 AM
Default Finally hit 250k

The car has in fact now rolled over 250k now. Its at 250800. I made a thread about it quite some time ago. some things have gotten worse over the year and a half and 30k miles but some have gotten better too. for one, i'm now working 2 jobs instead of being unemployed, so that helps quite a bit.

The left headlight is no longer there... replaced by a headlight from an 81 dodge ram of all things. it works though. Both front turn signals are now LEDs normally used for trailers. All 4 windows are stuck closed. It still uses oil. i've found out the problem with the vents... its the climate control panel on the front that's shorted out. seems it could use some new piston rings too.

and now the good news. It has new tires, and i've got the parts to replace the brakes. the new drums have been installed, just need the new shoes, rotors, and pads done. it seems the front rotors are pressed on. I've also got some newer hub caps that look better than the old worn out ones. The radiator has been replace and hasn't leaked drop of fluid since... what a year and a half now.

I'm now working 2 jobs, so i'll be able to get this car what it needs now and take better care of it. first thing on the list is those brakes. It's used for delivery so those are a must. next on that is the climate control panel which i'll probably have to get at junk yard. i'll also be doing another oil change and finally changing that gear oil. I'll try my best to remember to take some pics in the morning before i head out to work.

oh right... its a 1996 Elantra, 5spd.

Last edited by xBruce88x; 07-18-2013 at 02:55 AM.