Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

No Power to Stero

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Default No Power to Stero

Hey guys i have just purchased a 1996 Hyundai Lantra/Elantra (Depending were you live) i removed the previous owners stereo to put mine in when to the local car audio store grabed the Hyundai Harness for my model and my stereos Harness as well got home connected everything up all smooth no problems turned the key and ...... no power to the unit at all no led display nothing all plugs in nothing lose or missing fuses all good. I am stumped to me there's no reason why it shouldn't be working, any ideas?

also The old his own system hocked up as there still wires ur sub and amps but i haven't plugged them in so there not the problem and the cars stock cord is still there as i just unplug his stereos harness so that should be any problem either

Old 11-19-2011, 09:31 PM

Saying this i just found the in-line fuse it it had blown will see if replacing it will fix the problem

Old 11-19-2011, 10:38 PM

ok changed the in-line fuse there was power to the harness tested with a test light and it when off pulged it all back in didint work checked the fuse agian as well as all the rest none had gone unplugged no theres no light when tested meaning no power again any ideas what to check next?