Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Experience At Hyundai Dealership Today

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:20 PM
dgs
Default Experience At Hyundai Dealership Today

Well even though this has to be the most dead car forum I have ever posted on (do more than five people post here even?) I thought I would still share my experience at a Hyundai dealership today.

I brought my car in for an oil change and since it's a Saturday it was busy with everyone else who only has time to get their car worked on during the weekend. So after reading a couple of magazines and today's paper in the waiting room I got really bored and decided to go for a walk. I thought to myself, "let's go take a look at that new Genesis." Real nice car. They had quite a few on the lot. I sat in one that was a V8 with the tech package and it was quite impressive. Very comfortable seats and a cozy interior to be in. The car looks better in person too. It looks dull in pictures but seeing it in 3D makes it look more stylish and elegant. Anyway, this isn't a review of the Genesis so on to the point of my post.

I continued to walk around the dealership looking at cars. The dealership was completely dead, not one single customer on the lot. I was out there for 15 minutes (I know because I timed it) and not ONE salesperson came out to ask if I needed help. They had no idea I was there for service, as far as anyone would know I was a customer shopping for a new car. I walked into the dealership and was shocked to see a bunch of very bored looking salespeople sitting around with no customers being helped inside either. I walked over to one of them and said "is anyone working here today?" and in a very bored voice he said "yeah, how can I help you?" Keep in mind, the guy says this sitting down, does not even get up to shake my hand or anything. He looked as interested in helping me as one might be to clean their toilet bowl. I just walked away shaking my head in disbelief, and he didn't say anything as I walked away either.

Wow, just terrible lack of anything resembling customer service. If I was a GM at that dealership all of those salespeople would have been fired. It's not like they need that many anyway, since no one is buying cars these days. You would think because of the worst car sales in the past 25 years I would have been mobbed by new car salespeople, but I guess they had better things to do than earn a living. I'm not going to mention this dealership's name because unlike the sales area, the service area is excellent and I will continue to bring my car there. I did not buy my Sonata from this dealership, but I use their service because the dealership I purchased my car from does not have Saturday hours for service. When it's time to buy a new Hyundai someday, I know which dealership I will not be shopping at though, that's for sure.