Hyundai Tiburon This coupe has been the sporty model from Hyundai for three generations.

turn's over but won't start...sometimes????

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Default turn's over but won't start...sometimes????

[sm=headbang.gif] I have a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon that sometimes won't start out of the blue. It does not matter if it is garaged, raining, dry, morning, or what. I try to start it and it just keeps turning over but acts like there is no gas or spark or something. The next day my dad comes over to look at it, gets in and it starts right up! [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Finally he took it to his house and it did it to him, so I'm not crazy now. We tried to adjust the clutch safety switch thinking that was the problem. The next time it happened we tried to bypass the switch to see if it would start and that did not work. Anyone with a similar problem?? If so please help!!! If it would just work, or not work, it would make it easier.[:@]
[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 10-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: turn's over but won't start...sometimes????

What kind of noise does your engine make when you are trying to start it? If it kind of chugs it may be flooding itself, they are known to do that sometimes. This usually comes from a faulty fuel pump, but no one is supposed to know that. I used to work for a Hyundai garage

Old 12-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Default RE: turn's over but won't start...sometimes????

Had the same problem on my 00 Tiburon. I had to have the pump replaced after it went out. It would just randomly choose not to start. It would turn over and the starter was fine, but nothing. It started happening again to me and I had to have ANOTHER pump installed (though it was still under the warranty from the original replacement). Plus, the dealer tried to stick me for a crank angle sensor on the second one.