Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

2006 Hyundai Accent CD/MP3 Player

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 03:21 AM
Default 2006 Hyundai Accent CD/MP3 Player

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this situation for me.

I purchased my 2006 Hyundai Accent GLS brand new, and at 11,000 KM's the CD got stuck in the cd player. I figured, no problem. I'll just take it down to the dealer and have them remove it since it's brand new.

When I got to the dealership, they started giving me a hard time about the CD stuck in the cd player. Apparently the cd/mp3 player can't handle CDR's. This poses my question ; How in the hell can it be a CD/MP3 player if it can't handle CDR's???? They don't sell store bought CD's that have MP3's on them. Retail CD's sell music in the CD format, not MP3. At least, I've never heard of store bought MP3's ona CD.

At first I thought they were trying to wiggle out of fixing it for me, however the service department kindly pointed out in the manual where it stated that the cd player didn't support CDR's or CDRW's. Ok, the CDRW's I could understand.....but if not CDR's, how can it support MP3's?

Long story short they did replace the CD player with a new unit, at the expense of one of my CDR's (they couldn't get it out!). I'm not so miffed with losing my CDR as I am confused about this whole CD/MP3 situation. Has anybody come across this before???

Old 02-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Default RE: 2006 Hyundai Accent CD/MP3 Player

Right now I'm really miffed. I was driving to work today listening to a RETAIL AUDIO CD and all of a sudden I hear this loud electrical interference type of sound blasting through my speakers and then all of a sudden, my sound went out completely.

I was able to remove my CD, but I have NO SOUND WHATSOEVER. The radio turns on, and if I put the CD back in the display reads CD and the seconds seem to accumulate, indicating that it's playing however NO SOUND.

I've made yet another appointment to my dealership. I paid for this brand new car (and will continue to pay for 6 friggin' years) so it better work! But what I will say is this ; this will be my second time having the peice of sh*t CD/MP3 player replaced. If it dies again, I'm just going to go aftermarket. Warranty issue or not, I've got better things to do than to waste my flippin' time sitting at a dealership, trying to keep my 5 year old son from running around the place and driving me even MORE crazier than when I first walked into the dealership.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Default RE: 2006 Hyundai Accent CD/MP3 Player

Uh. Just got an 06 Sonata with the c/mp3 player. for my wife last week. Haven't read the manual abouth the radio in depth yet, but all she carries with her is cdr's and her plays every single one, and spits it back out when the eject button is pushed.

And as asked, how would anyone belive an mp3 would just jump onto a disk without it being a cdr?