Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Speaker recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Default Speaker recommendation

Hi, did this forum die? No posts recently and a bunch of spam...
Well here goes!
I'm looking to upgrade the stock door and rear speakers in my 2001 Accent gsi. I've got a (fairly decent) consumer grade Sony Xplod deck (S2210S) I got after the stock Clarion died. It puts out about 13 watts per channel (52x4). I'm not looking for anything earth shattering or mind blowing, just Better. Any recommendations? I don't want to break the bank (I'm driving and Accent, after all). What sort of sizes fit/should I be looking at? I plan on using the stock wiring because I'm lazy and not at all dedicated to the art of car audio. Good bass, but not at the exclusion of everything else and clear sound enough to overcome the wind/road/leaky exhaust noise are some of my criteria. I don't plan on adding a sub or external amp.
Thanks for any advice!

Old 04-26-2006, 02:45 AM
Default RE: Speaker recommendation

I just replaced all the speakers in my 01 accent. Im trying out a new brand for a friends car audio shop. They are called zenon's, you may not have heard of them. You have 5.25 speakers all the way around. Some good reccomendations if you dont listen to different speakers all day everyday then you probably wont notice a difference between brands. Pretty much all 5.25 speakers have a built in tweeter which you will want. I would reccommend that you go to a store that specializes in car audio. The stuff u get at walmart is not the same quality that you will find in a specialty store. Most of the stufff walmart and places like walmart get is of lower quality, they dont sound as good and they dont last as long b/c they are so cheap.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Default RE: Speaker recommendation

If your not big into audio but want something better, I would say go with Infinity or Polk speakers all around and a Sony H.U.(like you have). Its pretty cheap and sounds the best for the money you put into it.