Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Engine swapping and all that good stuff!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Default Engine swapping and all that good stuff!!!!

Hey all,

I've got an '06 Hyundai Accent. I have a general question (for now). My car will run me fine for the next few years, so I'm not planning on doing any mods to it just yet. At this point I'm just collecting general information so I can compile the necessary facts to make the right choices in the future. This is something I'm very serious about and plan on investing thousands of dollars on, so I'm in no rush. I just want the facts.

I've been reading about engine swapping, and I was just curious, if I want to swap my engine down the road what else would I need to change?
I'm sure I'd have to change the transmission as well. So asides from the transmission and the engine itself, what else would I need to modify?

Furthermore, how big an engine can I put in there? (Dimension wise I mean). I know this sounds a bit vague, but as I said...I'm just looking to get a rough idea right now. Just collecting some facts. Any HELP would be appreciated.

[8D]

Old 01-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Default RE: Engine swapping and all that good stuff!!!!

instead of swapping the engine if i were you i'd look into a turbocharger kit.does the car has a manual or auto trans? i wouldn't do any engine mods with auto trans.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Best thing I've seen has been a Beta II (2.0 L Elantra engine) dropped into an older Accent with a turbo added.

Old 02-17-2008, 02:55 AM

Well....

It's an automatic engine. Quite frankly, it's a stock engine; stock everything. But I've been thinking about a complete overhaul. The whole works :

1) The Engine
2) The Transmission
3) The Suspension
4) The Brakes

What I want to know is how does this work? I've been looking at some JDM engines. The JDM kits I've seen include the engine, the transmission, the engine & transmission mounts, and other things. I'm new to this and I'm just looking for answers to my questions; not suggestions that don't address my query.

What about engine size concerns? What's a good starting point to find out if this can be done?