Hyundai i30 cuts out - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Hyundai i30 cuts out

Old 04-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Default Hyundai i30 cuts out

Hi I am at an end and was hoping to get some help. I have a i30 petrol. The vehicle start and runs perfectly. Whilst driving at slow speed town driving) it will suddenly cut out under my foot. No throttle but all the ignition consumables still work. The car will then immediately start up. Behave then perfectly for a few kilometers until it does the same. Diagnostics shows no error codes. Crank position sensor was replaced. Main relay was replaced. Idle Control Valve was replaced as well. The car will handle long distance driving with no problems. Only town driving brings this problem.
Any help will be appreciated.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by ezauto View Post
Hi I am at an end and was hoping to get some help. I have a i30 petrol. The vehicle start and runs perfectly. Whilst driving at slow speed town driving) it will suddenly cut out under my foot. No throttle but all the ignition consumables still work. The car will then immediately start up. Behave then perfectly for a few kilometers until it does the same. Diagnostics shows no error codes. Crank position sensor was replaced. Main relay was replaced. Idle Control Valve was replaced as well. The car will handle long distance driving with no problems. Only town driving brings this problem.
Any help will be appreciated.

did you get this sorted out or got reply from other peers? I am having similar issue with my hyundia i30 diesel.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:00 PM

A good possibility time to check/change fuel filter if it has not already been done.
Any visable smoke from exhaust when problem occurs?
As you are probably aware not all problems will throw an error or malfunction code.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by hanky View Post
A good possibility time to check/change fuel filter if it has not already been done.
Any visable smoke from exhaust when problem occurs?
As you are probably aware not all problems will throw an error or malfunction code.
no smoke at all. Its just cut off and starts again without any issues. Radio keeps playing though when it cuts off.

Not sure how many parts needs to be changed if it cannot pin point to the issues directly.