General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Vibrations in Tucson

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 01:42 AM
Default Vibrations in Tucson

Hi everyone.. I bought a 2005 Tucson GL (V6 FWD model) 2 months ago and since then i have encountered a problem no one at my dealership seems to know anything about... At random times and different speeds (both city and highway occurances), the vehicle begin to shudder and vibrate physically and audibly. It has happen at least 6 times now in 2 months, at speeds ranging from 25 mph up to 65 mph.

Everytime I have had to pull over and come to a complete stop (engine still running though), and then start driving. Each time, the problem disappears after the stop.

The dealership though it had to do with the ESP stability computer program, so they reprogrammed the computer. However, it has still occured since then. I have also driven with the ESP featured turned off and i have still encountered the problem.

If anyone has experienced this problem or has a possible solution they could suggest, could you please follow up my posting. Thanks, Claydon

Old 08-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Default RE: Vibrations in Tucson

I would recommend leaving the vehicle at the dealership so the technician can duplicate the problem. If they cannot correct the issue contact Hyundai and set it up to where the local DPSM can drive the vehicle. Off hand we have not had any issues with Tuscons with this complaint.They can resolve the problem.Understand that if it doesnt happen all the time it might take a while to find.Be patient and try to work with your service department .If they are a good service department they will take care of your needs as for transportation and such.

Old 08-11-2005, 09:16 AM

Hi Claydon,
I have a similar vibration on my 2004 SE 2Litre Tiberon (Coupe here in the UK). However not so violent. Balancing wheels did not help. Vibration starts at aboout 65 mph and dissapears at about 75 mph. I left it with dealer for 2 weeks and he tried various wheel changes. He concluded that the 17" wheels were the problem as when he fitted 16", all was OK. I am not convinced and am hoping someone out there might have the answer. I suspect power stering or suspension geometry. My previous car was a 2001 Tiberon and that drove perfectly.

Perry

Old 08-13-2005, 12:48 AM

I will look for any tsb's on Monday and let you know.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:12 PM

Hyundai has found a faulty right front speed sensor in my Tucson which they are attributing to causing the shudders since it affects both the ABS and ESP systems. They reeplaced it this morning and I have driven it with no problems so far this afternoon.

I'll post again the the problem reappears, but it seems like they may have rectified the situation.