Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

08 Accent GS Amp Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:46 AM

Well I bought my Kenwood new 2 years ago for $100. It has an aux input on it. I listen to my ipod all the time.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Default Rear interior panels

Originally Posted by stlwaco
I just need to figure out how to get the rear interior panels off without breaking them so I can Dynamat behind them. This car was not meant for subs. All the rear panels rattle like you wouldn't believe.
those subs look awesome! have you figured out how to remove those rear panels? i have an 09 accent - looks exactly like this one in the picture - and the panels in front of the speakers rattle.

i'm tempted to take the whole car apart...any suggestions?

Old 04-20-2009, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by bertomeeggo
those subs look awesome! have you figured out how to remove those rear panels? i have an 09 accent - looks exactly like this one in the picture - and the panels in front of the speakers rattle.

check your window cranks. if you have them.

my car has manual windows, and the end of the crank with the loose round "handle" that spins as you crank on it...will rattle on some notes. I just rest my leg against it when I drive, and the rattle goes away

Old 04-21-2009, 10:44 PM

To remove the back panels, you have to remove the back seats (backs and bottoms) and the seat hardware that attaches at the side panels. The panels will come off with a little prying

Old 04-22-2009, 03:12 AM

is it really possible to remove the back seats? that would be great - it would totally remind me of a stripped-down VW golf from the '80s..if only there was a manual or something! so where do you start when removing the back seats?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Seat Assembly Replacement

1. Loosen the rear seat cushion mounting bolts, then remove the rear seat cushion(A) after pull the stopper(B).

2. Loosenig the seat belt mounting bolt, remove the seat back(A).

3. Installation is the reverse of removal.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:31 AM

is it really possible to remove the back seats? that would be great - it would totally remind me of a stripped-down VW golf from the '80s..if only there was a manual or something! so where do you start when removing the back seats?
There are some bolts by the pull strap on the seat bottom. Those will come right out. Then fold down the backs and you will see two mounting points on each section at the bottom. 12mm bolts. Took me 5 minutes to take them out.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:02 AM

this is cool - i will totally have to try this sometime!

like i say, that rattle is coming from the lower section rear panel right in front of the rear speakers...perhaps our very "responsive" handling is to blame would a new aftermarket suspension spring help? i imagine that if the car rode like a buick or something, nothing would ever rattle.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:49 AM

this is cool - i will totally have to try this sometime!

like i say, that rattle is coming from the lower section rear panel right in front of the rear speakers...perhaps our very "responsive" handling is to blame would a new aftermarket suspension spring help? i imagine that if the car rode like a buick or something, nothing would ever rattle.
The panels just need some Dynomat.