Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2000 accent control arm

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 PM
oys

Since you have the most recent post here, have you made any progress? I have the same exact problem.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:16 PM

A big thumbs down to Hyundai on this part of the frame design!

In my case yes the nut had broken away from the frame, as well as the bolt was completely rusted to the bushing.

You will need a sawzall or torches, a angle grinder, a rotary tool(dremel) w/ reinforced cutting discs, and a welder.

First off take your sawzall or torches, and cut the arm off as close to the bushing as safely possible. remove the rest of the control arm you might have to cut the nut off by the wheel bearing aswell I did. Now using the dremel, cut a inch by in hole in the SIDE of the frame right where u can see a piece of metal folded over and welded on that is where the nut is. Your going to have to cut a hole big enough to get a mig welder in there and weld the nut back onto the frame.

Note let the dremel work it will burn through discs like no tommorow if u push hard.

if this does not get the bolt out you will have to then using the dremel cut where the control arm goes around the bolt on both sides, and remove it. Then use an angle grinder and carefully rotate the bolt around and cut it without cutting the frame. and buy another bolt and washer (GET A RATED ONE DONT BE CRAZY!)

It took me 3 days to get it out and put the new one on its not a job for the faint hearted and is extremely frustrating.

Dont forget to weld a plate back over the hole in the frame when your done!

And just so u know I offer no warranty for this, BEST OF LUCK!

Old 12-24-2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Kaao
BUMP having the same issue here it seems like the bolt is stuck to the rubber but im worried that the nut has seperated for the frame anyone else removed a Drivers Front Lower Control Arm on this generation of Accent im a 2002.

Almost to the point of taking a set of torches to my frame here to see whats going on or a drill.

Im able to turn the bolt but it doesnt seem to be actually coming out. Its hard though it bounces back like its stuck to the rubber.

Does anyone actually know how this is assembled or has done it before?

Already have a broken control arm here and a bunch of time into this car the last few weeks.

Thanks in advanced.

PS the other nuts is not exposed like many other cars and is in the middle of the tube frame!
Having same exact problem on my 2001 accent drivers side. Did you get the bolt out or did you have to cut into the subframe and weld the nut back?