Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2000 Hyudai Accent SeaFoam

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Talking 2000 Hyudai Accent SeaFoam

So I have taken over doing general maintenance on my mother's 2000 Hyundai Accent and I want to run a batch of SeaFoam through the car but I want to make sure of the best vacuum line to send it into the intake manifold. From what information I can find via google search it has all been recommended to use to brake booster vacuum line.

So I just want to be sure this is the best line and will get to all four cylinders because I personally own a Pontiac Grand Am and the V6 I have the brake booster isn't the best choice at all since it bypasses all but one cylinder, and have to use a different PCV vacuum line.

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: It is a 2000 Hyundai Accent GL*** with a 5spd Manual Transmission and 4cyl engine ( sorry I don't remember how many liters and I can't just go look as it is 3 hours away from me )

Last edited by Amidath; 05-05-2010 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Correcting
Old 05-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

The brake booster line will be fine.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NovaResource
The brake booster line will be fine.
Thanks, I will run it through when I get down there this weekend.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Banned

to each their own, but generally stuff like sea foam and other engine cleaners are a waste of money and can even cause engine damage.

as your engine wears all the carbon and crap becomes embedded in valves, rings, etc. this is quite normal and not damaging. the engine was designed for this kind of wear. removing that can leave you with gaps and holes in those components as well as seals, etc.

but like i said to each their own. if you have faith in your snake oil, enjoy

Old 05-22-2010, 04:09 PM

seafoam = snakeoil?? i think not. it is approved for use by many auto manufacturers, including bmw. (i now have over 320k on my 3 series so i think they know how to build a car...)

anyway, i believe there is a tennancy to wish for a 'magic fix' for driveability issues, and, as i have seen with my own eyes, there are an awful lot of people that 'believe' in these miracle in a can products. fix a flat, rad-fix, marvel mystery oil, bars leaks, and the like are all products that may have been useful back in the day when replaceing points and engine bearings were the norm. in fact, go read the label on bars leaks and you will see that it advertises as a 'water pump bearing lubricant'. did you realize that some manufacturers used to put a grease fitting on the waterpump for this very purpose?? so back in the day when these automotive systems were simple(r) they used to use this sort of thing regularly. nowadays not so much, but the belief is still there.

there is still no replacement for routine maintenance, and 'top engine clean', 'fuel injection service', 'engine decarbon service' (many names, same general service) should be done as a routine to help keep the engine running properly. just like setting the dwell on the points used to be back in the day.

new technology presents new types of problems needing new types of fixes.

df

Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by drivinfaster
seafoam = snakeoil?? i think not. it is approved for use by many auto manufacturers, including bmw. (i now have over 320k on my 3 series so i think they know how to build a car...)

anyway, i believe there is a tennancy to wish for a 'magic fix' for driveability issues, and, as i have seen with my own eyes, there are an awful lot of people that 'believe' in these miracle in a can products. fix a flat, rad-fix, marvel mystery oil, bars leaks, and the like are all products that may have been useful back in the day when replaceing points and engine bearings were the norm. in fact, go read the label on bars leaks and you will see that it advertises as a 'water pump bearing lubricant'. did you realize that some manufacturers used to put a grease fitting on the waterpump for this very purpose?? so back in the day when these automotive systems were simple(r) they used to use this sort of thing regularly. nowadays not so much, but the belief is still there.

there is still no replacement for routine maintenance, and 'top engine clean', 'fuel injection service', 'engine decarbon service' (many names, same general service) should be done as a routine to help keep the engine running properly. just like setting the dwell on the points used to be back in the day.

new technology presents new types of problems needing new types of fixes.

df

Well said