Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

hyudai accent 1996 front wheel bearing assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Unhappy hyudai accent 1996 front wheel bearing assembly

Hi guys, just had the front wheel bearings done by a mechanic. the front hub is heating up and still noisy, advised by mechanic to looses off wheel bearing nut, but then the shaft spline has play and makes a knocking noise during gear changing. Took it back to mechanic and still no joy. Want to do the change of wheel bearings myself as the costs are getting high and trust in mechanic has failed. Agents advised that pirate part bearings give this problem and that only genuine parts must be used. can someone advise me on where I can get a free diagram for the front wheel bearing assembly of the accent 1996 model.. thankyou

Old 06-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Banned

indeed, sign up on www.hmaservice.com - its free. you MUST use IE unfortunately, but its free hyundai service info!

i'd be giving that mechanic some hassle for sure, you paid him to fix that wheel bearing and he didn't do the job. therefore i'd say you are entitled to at least some money back. i hate mechanics like that. best of luck.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by zero_gravity
indeed, sign up on www.hmaservice.com - its free. you MUST use IE unfortunately, but its free hyundai service info!

i'd be giving that mechanic some hassle for sure, you paid him to fix that wheel bearing and he didn't do the job. therefore i'd say you are entitled to at least some money back. i hate mechanics like that. best of luck.
This sucks, but yes will be making him pay.
cannot get into that site you posted.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Banned

you need to use internet explorer and you need to sign up for a free account/login. kinda like these crap forums.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:41 AM

This has happened to me before. The mechanic at the dealer said that the wheel bearing module should be changed because it was causing a very annoying noise. But then after he replaced it, the sound was still there. He just me paid me pay for a thing he was not able to fix. Geesh.. Sometimes, DIY is really the best choice..

Last edited by NovaResource; 08-03-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikeross
This has happened to me before. The mechanic at the dealer said that the wheel bearing should be changed because it was causing a very annoying noise. But then after he replaced it, the sound was still there. He just me paid me pay for a thing he was not able to fix. Geesh.. Sometimes, DIY is really the best choice..
sadly yes, i havnt been to a mechanic in over 3 years. i find the big problem is finding a GOOD mechanic and not a crooked one. theres some great ones out there, but also some terrible ones.

one of my main goals in going DIY was to never be ripped off by a mechanic again if i do have to visit one in the future....if i get some clown oh boy we'll be having fun. hard to swindle people that know just about as much.