Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2001 Accent Car problem fixed

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Default 2001 Accent Car problem fixed

Just letting people know I have a 2001 Accent that I had problems with and now got it fixed and if you thank your Accent is doing samething try this.

My Accent has been screwed up for a month or so but I used it as a daily driver and I went to local gas station and filled up tank on my way home it just started sputtering and stalling and just plan just running like crap I played around with it changed spark plugs and wires and put gas treatment in it cause I thought the problem was bad gas just the way it was acting up kept on running it and it still did the same thing after a week well finaly got tired of messing with it let it sit a few weeks and when I got in and started it to take another crack at itand the engine light started to flash.Well come to find out it was the coil pack the whole time not bad gas so had it towed to a shop and had the coil pack replace for a little under 200 and now runs fine no signs of rough running sept now there is a sound in high gears cant tell if its coming from egine or transmission.Do you think its from sitting and not driving for awhile and the lubes havent lube all parts yet cause drove it from shop to home and parked it its about 5 miles maybe any suggestions?

Old 01-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Default RE: 2001 Accent Car problem fixed

What's the mileage on your accent? If you have 50K or more and haven't had a transmission service yet (automatic) you should get one done! After the first auto tranny service it should be serviced again every 35K! Manual transmissions can get by with the stock fluid for the life of the vehicle, but if it was my vehicle Id' change it every 60K.

Leaving the car sit for extended periods (more then a week at a time) isn't good for any part of the car. If you store it for longer periods you should put some fuel stabilizer in the tank to keep the fuel as fresh as possible so that every start is a good start! If the car is parked for longer then a week you should also disconnect the battery.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:58 AM

MyAccent has 88,000 miles on it and I dont know if it has had a transmission service just bought it.
But is a manual I it sat for about 2 weeks before I bought it and had coil replaced and just got the oil changed but I think the noise was coming from tranny from sitting so long the person I bought it from is going to drive it for a week before I come and get it this saturday and ill find out if its still have the problem.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:51 AM

FOR THE NOISES I HAVE THE SAME THING GOING ON WITH MY 2001 ACCENT, IF IT IS WHEN YOU ARE AT HIGHWAY SPEED OR A LITTLE LESS THEN THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE A HOWELL, TRY SLIGHTLY TURNING LEFT AND RIGHT GOING AT THE HIGHWAY SPEED IF THE NOISE IS PREVALENT ON ONE TURN OR THE OTHER IT IS MOST LIKELY A WHEEL BEARING GOING BAD, THAT IS ABOUT A $100.00 FIX. HOPE THAT HELPS