Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2002 Accent Headlamp Relay

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Default 2002 Accent Headlamp Relay

Hi guys and gals, I'm hoping some one here can help me.

I have a 2002 accent as you could guess, and my highbeams are not working. I have replaced the bulbs already and seeing as they are a 2 stage lamp I figured the that wouldn't solve the issue.

My best guess is that the highbeam relay has blow, should be an easy fix, however, I can't find the bloody thing! It isn't under the hood or in the compartment fuse box. Do you know if the 2002's have multiple relay boxes, one possible behind the dash or glovebox?

I have checked all the fuses so that isn't it, and I can hear/feel the headlamp relay under the hood click when I switch the highbeams off, but there are no clicks when I turn them on...

If there are multiple relay boxes a diagram of the second would be good seeing as often compartment relay boxes don't have one.

If anyone has any other ideas I'm open. And the sooner the better, I'm trying to sell it for something less ecinomical right and hadn't even noticed the highlamps didn't work until some one test drove it!

Thanks,

-A guy who can't see well at night