Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

2009 Accent Manual trans wont go into gear when engine is on

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2023, 03:48 AM

Maybe we can shed some light on this,

The clutch and brake master cyls are 2 separate systems.

NORMALLY,,,,,,,,,,,,,when a clutch master cyl is replaced there should be no need to adjust the length of the rod from the pedal to the inside of the clutch master cyl.

If the problem was always present ,that could be a solution.
I suspect, there could be a problem with the procedure used in replacing the clutch master cyl (Has to be bench bled before installing) , or the master cyl is just defective.
When folks are not sure of how everything is supposed to work, they wind up replacing a lot of parts hoping to hit the problem.
Add to that, a lot of so called new parts today are defective right out of the box.
If we don't know what is supposed to take place we make the assumption it can't be the new master, I just replaced that. It is very frustrating when you know what is supposed to take place and after you install a new part the problem is still present. When you know how it is supposed to work and what happens when there is no doubt the part is defective. A lot depends on where that part was manufactured, and some places overseas have poor quality control and stores use them because there is a higher profit margin. Sorry for the long winded conversation, but hopefully it will enlighten some folks.

Old 01-26-2024, 02:42 PM

Further update: after bleeding only on the first go, my next reoccurence they did the master (which was stupid as the previous dealer did that already in February), and then my issue reoccurred a little while later. Then when I brought it in they replaced the slave cylinder (which they apparently resisted at first because it is an internal slave cylinder - it is a big job to change it). But it was not properly bled when I picked it up it was clearly still malfunctioning. Today I hope is the end of the saga, as I brought it back to be bled again and now feels like its in perfect condition. Feels almost alien to have the bite point up near the top of the pedal again.

The shop foreman says if it occurs again he now suspects the pressure plate

Grateful for this being covered under warranty but seems very early given I am only at 80000km and the issue first occurred at only 55000 km.

Last edited by Raphael; 01-26-2024 at 02:45 PM.