Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

break light and battery light turning on

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Default break light and battery light turning on

Hi there guys, I'm looking to see if anyone can help me I bought my 2001 accent about a year ago and haven't had any major issues with it until recently. I was heading home from work and and both the battery and the break light came on, after that no problems until yesterday. I was picking my sister up from school and I parked in the parking lot went to turn my car back on and it would not start up thinking maybe my battery was dying and that's why the light had come on I asked for a jump, After about 2 to 3 minutes of charging I thanked the person and took off, half way home it started jerking so I pulled into the local HEB and turned the car off tried turning it back on and nothing. After letting it sit it would turn back on but not for long, Is this my battery or my alternator or what cause this battery looks kinda old. Thanks for hearing me out and any info you guys could give me

Old 10-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Hard to say without testing both. Go to a mechanic to have them checked.

Also, it's BRAKE, not BREAK.
BRAKE = to stop
BREAK = broken

Old 10-25-2011, 03:24 PM

oh geez lol can't believe I did that and thank you I'm gonna take the car over to get the alternator and the battery tested so I can get this taken care of and thank you again for correcting my error

Old 11-02-2011, 07:38 PM

OK so after a lot of testing and the whatnot It's not my alternator and I just got a brand new battery so it's neither of those things, my dad has told me that it's most likely an electrical issue. After explaining to him what happens he was almost 100% sure it's electrical.My radio turns on on it's own if I hit a bump just right, my a/c lights won't turn on unless i turn the **** or hit it, and the brake and battery light pulse with my left blinker so yea dad says it's electrical and I thought I'd get you guys opinion on what you think it might be. Thanks for any info you guys might give

Quick edit: ok so the test i got on my alternator was junk and i got it retested and yea theres no voltage from the alternator so thanks to everyone who helped guys

Last edited by GoddessTink; 11-03-2011 at 08:32 PM.