Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Dash lights out

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Default Dash lights out

I am having what I think is an electrical problem with my ’02 Accent. About six months ago I noticed that my dash lights (stock – white gages, with neon blue/green light) started flashing, just for a split second they would go off and come back on, and then they went out completely about three months ago. This left me with only a tiny light coming from behind the odometer when my headlights are on.
Then it was brought to my attention that my backup lights were out (clear lights that come on when in reverse) I changed the bulbs, still nothing. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the instrument cluster lights…but I am not sure why they are not functioning.
All other interior lights are working; with the exception of the display light on the radio/cd player (went out this week). I have checked all of my fuses (in cabin and under hood) to the best of my ability and they all seem to be functioning properly.
I am not sure what to think….i am hesitant to take it to the dealer because they are condescending and never seem to listen, or care about what I have to say.
Any insight on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Than you!

Old 04-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Default RE: Dash lights out

Hey Fannatick2 sounds like our cars were made on the same day as my dash lights do the same as yours but my back up lights work fine (I think hmm better check) I will let you know if I figure out mine.

Ken99 has some good thoughts on this problem.