Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Help, Hyundai accent year 2011 model engine starts then dies immediately

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2021, 08:31 AM
Default Help, Hyundai accent year 2011 model engine starts then dies immediately

Apologize for bad english grammar.

Anyway, Hyundai Accent year 2010 - 2014 - issue shows in OBD - P0122 and P0222

127k milage

The Car starts then dies immediately, after second try it stall and wont start the engine.

first thing I do was clean the throttle body.

Then later tried to start the car and it work just fine with engine running smoothly. drove it and all perfectly fine. not noticing any odd idle, lose power, or anything. we inspect the throttle body and we press the acceleration peddle and works perfectly.

after testing include resting the car. try to start then...... the car again goes back to starts then dies and stalling state.

we try to check as below;

checked all the voltage all have reading as it should be,

checked all cable wire are all good,

checked battery all okay

checked the spark plug all working

checked the peddle position sensor is fine with no faulty wire

checked all the fuse one by one and all works just fine.

recently sent my ecu to the shop to fix it and then tried on the car. again it works, the car was able to turn on normally and drive all normally like the same as how i clean the throttle as mention above. then after testing and all.... resting the car. later tried again to starts the car.... it went back to the starts then dies and stalling again!....

Its really frustrating.

last thing i know the issue would be the tps or the throttle itself. but i would like to know what is the real reason for the engine starts then dies immediately / stalling / cant start engine.

please help as i dont want to risk replacing the throttle body include tps as im not confident it would solve the issue.