Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Help me Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:51 AM
Default Help me Please!!

My car is:
Hyundai Accent GT 1995, manual 5 speed, 4 cylinder,
in good shape and I take a good care of it. The prob. is the gage of car heat is rising up to the red zone and the water in the radiater is not boiling!! could it be the gage or something else, knowing that the car is functioning naturaly?, one more thing ... when I signel to right or left the heat gage just move up and down with the signal??? All this happens some time and not all day long.

[X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(]

Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Help me Please!!

Sounds like a short between the gage wiring and the turn signals. If you've done any work that may have affected the wiring, (like maybe a stereo install) start there. Inspect the wire harness for damage. If no electrical work was done, I guess the next thing I would do is check where the wiring comes from the engine compartment into the passenger compartment (which I think is behind the left kick panel, between the door hinges,if it's like my Elantra).

Are you sure the temperature gage is really reading high? Have you checked to make sure there is no oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil (indicating maybe a blown head gasket). Does your heater work normally? It could be that you have both an electrical problem and a cooling system problem; the first thing to do is make sure the cooling system really is okay.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:19 AM

Thank you Doohickie for responding to my problem, I found the problem it was a damage in the dash-board print sercute. I soldir it and everything went back ok.
Just want to share this information for anyone might face the same problem in the feuture.
[&:][8D][&:][8D]

Old 06-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Hey, great!!!! It's frustrating when a car breaks, but it's great when you can figure it out and fix it yourself.