Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Help with strange noise.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Default Help with strange noise.

Just wonder if any of you guys or gals might be able to help with my strange noise. Do you remember when you were a kid, and you would fasten a piece of cardboard or an empty cigarette package to your bicycle fender braces, probably with cloths pins, to make the cardboard click against the wheel spokes to make a sound like a a motorcycle? Well that is something like the sound that I have in my car when I'm driving along. Seems to be coming from the right side front of the car. Louder when I have a steady load on the engine. When I let off the gas it gets quieter or maybe you don't hear it at all when driving along. Can't hear it when sitting idling. I don't know if it is in the front wheel, brakes or what. Inspected the brakes, everything looks fine. Maybe a noisy speedo cable? Really doesn't sound like it is where the cable comes into the car which is close to the middle of firewall. Anyone have or have or had this noise? What the he** is it?????? Thanks in advance, Keith.