Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

High Mount Third Brake Light Replacement in 2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Cool High Mount Third Brake Light Replacement in 2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback

I have a 2009 Hyundai Accent Hatchback and the high mount third brake light led strip is not working, but the left and right rear brake lights are working.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong with this assembly? I know LEDs don't usually go out so what other things should I test?

I know there is a fuse for this assembly but I believe that that fuse is the same for both of the rear brake lights which are still working.

I have also seen that in one case replacing the brake light switch fixed the problem, but again all three brake lights are connected to this brake switch.

I have ordered the third brake light assembly just in case I can't figure out another problem first.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:24 PM

I replaced the third brake light LED assembly but it still isn't working.
I checked all of the fuses and none of them are burned out.
I started the car, put a stick into the drivers seat and down to the brake pedal to hold the brake down and was unable to detect any voltage to the third brake light assembly.
One Hyundai Accent owner said that he found that the green wire that feeds the third brake light LED assembly was broken where it goes into the hatch body.
After he fixed the broken wire he said his third brake light assembly worked again.
If anyone has any experience with this I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2023, 06:43 PM

Happens to my car as well. I changed the fuse, lamp, and the brake switch doesn't work as well. Do you try the wire thing on your car? Wonder how it works.

Old 02-03-2023, 09:25 AM

Your vehicle requires a power feed and ground for the lamp to work.
Power is supplied by one wire to the lamp and you need to trace that wire back with a test light to see where the power is lost. Once found you can make the correction.