Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

New to this forum 'hi' & question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Default New to this forum 'hi' & question

Hello everyone,

I am new to this perticular forum (long member of nasioc.com, saablink.net & saabrally.com). I have been lingering around this forum for awhile now and have to thank you guys for the useful knowledge that I have thus-far been able to learn!

My girlfriend has a 2007 Accent with the 1.6ltr engine and an automatic transmission with about 47K miles on it.

Over the past 5 months she has had issues with the car not starting. More recently she has also complained about it not up-shifting/stuck in gear, atleast that is what it sounds like from her descriptions. I have read over just about all of the threads on this forum involving the non-startingissue. Seems it was more of a problem in 01-02 (but not limited to those years), I have learned that the 1.6 and the 1.5 engines are nearly the same, and I already registered with hmaservice.com (again THANK YOU for all this information).

I have done the following to her car:
-replaced spark plugs
-replaced air filter
-replaced PCV valve

I have tested the following:
-charging system
-battery (check voltage after sitting and while starting)

I have the following questions:
-I have a new Fuel Pressure Regulator - how the heck do you remove that thing? I was on the verge of stripping the 'nut'/cutout so I stopped trying.
-Thus far there are is no Check Engine Light on - could there still be a code on the ECM that might help resolve her non-starting issue?
-Do you guys think the starting issue might be related to the stuck gear/non up-shiftting issue?

I thank you for any inputs you have towards me finding the solution to the problem/problems.

Ian Cooper