Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

P2138

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2021, 11:35 AM
Default P2138

Hyundai accent 2014 (2011+). Suddenly found the engine light on. After checking with torque have found the code P2138. i am living far away from hyundai service centre. May i know the steps that i should proceed with local mechanic?

Old 10-10-2021, 12:49 PM

All you can do is ask him if he can handle this type problem.
Throttle pedal positioners are involved and if the person doing the repairs doesn't have the info or equip to handle this he should tell you. You might wind up replacing a Electronic Throttle Body assy and they aren't cheap. Best to see what he says..

Old 10-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Default Accelerator Pedal Penetrometer

Can anyone tell me where i can buy Pedal/Potentiometer 32700-1RXXX for my Hyundai accent 2014, 1.4L?
Does it same as 32700-1R500?
​​​​​​please help me.

Old 11-09-2021, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by hanky
All you can do is ask him if he can handle this type problem.
Throttle pedal positioners are involved and if the person doing the repairs doesn't have the info or equip to handle this he should tell you. You might wind up replacing a Electronic Throttle Body assy and they aren't cheap. Best to see what he says..
Thank you very much for your suggestions. we found the problem with pedal and changed it. Also cleaned and checked the throtte. body. No damage was founf on throttle. But still have the P2138. please suggest

Old 08-08-2023, 10:08 AM
Default P2138

Thank you. But still I m facing trouble with P2138 for my hundai Accent 2014, 1.4L. I have replaced new accelerator pedal sensor and throttle sensor. But still having check light after running few miles ( ex more than 20.). I wanted to change the wiring of accelerator pedal and throttle. But could not find it. May I get your suggestions for getting relief from P2138 code?

Old 08-08-2023, 03:59 PM

Unfortunately, you are confining your efforts to what you think the code is saying.
If you believe you have found the cause of the problem ,repaired it and still have the same problem that usually tells us there is another problem that has not been found and corrected.
Because there is more to just the pedal position sensors, you could be overlooking the other related parts which include the electronic throttle body.
What you might consider is reading up on just how all the inputs and outputs work and then you would have some idea of what else to check.
You might find it is less costly in the long run to just have someone with the info and tools to check the system.
Most times the throttle body has a problem and the best course is to replace it. By the time you get done you might find it was cheaper to just replace the part and be done. They are not cheap, but so can replacing a lot of good parts and still have the same problem.

Old 08-09-2023, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
Unfortunately, you are confining your efforts to what you think the code is saying.
If you believe you have found the cause of the problem ,repaired it and still have the same problem that usually tells us there is another problem that has not been found and corrected.
Because there is more to just the pedal position sensors, you could be overlooking the other related parts which include the electronic throttle body.
What you might consider is reading up on just how all the inputs and outputs work and then you would have some idea of what else to check.
You might find it is less costly in the long run to just have someone with the info and tools to check the system.
Most times the throttle body has a problem and the best course is to replace it. By the time you get done you might find it was cheaper to just replace the part and be done. They are not cheap, but so can replacing a lot of good parts and still have the same problem.
Thank you very much. I have replaced the same OEM throttle body and pedal sensors. My mechanic couldnot find out the reason. He is using OBD2 tool to find out the problem. Can you please suggest what other causes can show P2138? . I am suffering a lot with this trouble..