Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Please recommend some rims

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Default Please recommend some rims

Hi,

I am thinking of changing my standard wheels on my 2000 Accent for something a little less...well....boring. Also, a lower profile along with a strut brace, might improve the 'corner roll' a little

I don't want to make any alterations to the suspension or wheel arches at the moment so would just like to make a straight switch.

Obviously, if I go for bigger rims I'll need to go for a smaller sidewall to compensate.

I'm thinking of going for a 15 or 16 inch rim & maybe a little wider too.

Any recommendations for new rims that I can just swap that require no mods? Appropriate tyre sizes would be very helpful too...

Doesn't seem to be many accents here in the UK! As for parts....well, I have managed to source a strut bracer

Old 10-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Default RE: Please recommend some rims

Woah, my first post and I get a troll! You must have an interesting life to go to the trouble of joining a Hyundai forum just to annoy people.

Just for the record, I work for the National Health Service in the UK. They don't pay us health professionals that well,and therefore I don't have a lot of spare cash!

£500 for a 7 year old car is a pretty good deal here, and I can't fault the Accent so far!

Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 PM

Well, I'm sure you could pick one up cheap enough yourself, even in the antipodes.

You could then drive it into the Thames yourself, or would that be the Murray?

But don't forget to lock the doors!

Old 10-29-2007, 03:01 PM

No worries, I wouln't be caught dead in one.
Well, you seemed to have missed my point here!

What's with the pathological hatred of Hyundai Accents? A bit bizzare to say the least. Don't tell me your ex-girfriend drove one

Still, perhaps a little Cognitive Behavioural Therapy could help. I've heard it can be more effective than medication.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:16 PM

Isn't that like saying to someone who has a small house, "why buy a new sofa when you can sit on a plastic chair?"

Old 10-29-2007, 04:31 PM

I just got a set of Sportmax 001 for mine and love them. I got the package of 4 rims with Falken Ziex ZE512 tires mounted and balanced from Edge Racing for like $700. That is an awesome website for wheels and tires. www.edgeracing.com
I love my sportmax wheels, but edge racing also has other nice ones...go check it out and good luck

Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM

Well, I'm very flattered that you have gone to the trouble to take a wheel off your own bullock cart and photograph it against a white background, just for my benefit.

I take it from the Holden remark you are most likely to be an Australian or perhaps a Kiwi?

I suppose it must get a little boring working as a 'Jackaroo' on your farm in the outbackI though you guys could only communicate via two way radio. I really am surprised to find you actually have access to the internet.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4520/E28CCB40A9D046B9B425DA8DFCC37B91.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-01-2007, 06:44 PM

Hey Mountain,
Welcome to the forum.

Do post some pix of your ride
when you finally settle on the new rims and such.

We all enjoy checking out the rides in the 'neighbourhood' !!

CCacioppo

Old 11-04-2007, 02:21 PM

Hi,

I just wanted to point out that those previous posts were in response to a Hyundai hating troll!!! I've not gone completely mad and started posting strange random comments.

Anyway, does anyone just have the dimensions for rims that I can do a straight swap for my standard wheels?

Tyres sizes anyone?

I'm thinking 15" rims with 185 or 195s?

Old 11-08-2007, 04:28 PM

ORIGINAL: ccacioppo

Hey Mountain,
Welcome to the forum.

Do post some pix of your ride
when you finally settle on the new rims and such.

We all enjoy checking out the rides in the 'neighbourhood' !!

CCacioppo
Hi,

Will do!

I managed to get some rims dirt cheap, but they have a bit of 'kerbing' that I'm sorting out. 1 done......3 to go.

Got TSW Stealth 15" but they are 8 inches wide. The offset, PCD & bore (with spigot) are spot on.

I was surprised that the accent could 'take' 8 inches of width, but there is a good 1/2 inch clearance of the struts.

Incidentaly, although my Accent has a 2000 reg, the wheel fittings were 2001 onwards.

100mm PCD, 54.1 bore, 35-45 offset.

Even though