Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Primary Reasons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:04 PM
Default Primary Reasons?

Am wondering what are the primary reasons people are buying Accents - Price, Quality, Performance, Maintenance or any combination.

Any feedback is appreciated?

Old 10-21-2017, 01:59 PM

Afternoon,

I just joined this Forum so I'm probably going to be one of the better answers you'll get to your question dated 5 Days ago. I just bought the only White Accent Sport Hatchback from Allen Turner Hyundai here in Pensacola 2 weeks ago. I was NOT shopping for an Accent in particular so how I ended up with one in my driveway is an interesting story. 3.8 years ago I leased a Black 2014 Sonata Limited with Tech Package for a Nurse I was dating. The relationship crashed and burned with the Nurse but the relationship with the 'Batmobile' was indestructible. Tough cars. I flew the DMZ in South Korea on two different tours and always admired the work ethic of the Korean People. Toured a few factories. Very impressive. They always reminded me of the 'Hertz/Avis Commercials...We Try Harder'.
So, I've always had a Muscle Car in the garage for sunny days and hot dates and my 45th Anniversary Mustang GT with 500+HP was no exception. However, when the Ford Motor Company made the Public Statement 25 September supporting the NFL Protests and BLM and kneeling for the Anthem etc etc etc.... It hit me like a ton of bricks. Why? I have a problem with the BLM supporting the indiscriminate targeting of 1st Responders and Police Officers. Why? Aside from the obvious reasons my son is a Police Officers and his buddy was targeted a couple of weeks ago and survived but with serious injuries. So, I have a problem with Ford supporting that kind of behavior even though 'we might not necessarily agree with the protesters'. Corporate CYA is still alive and well... Knowing that Ford is the Largest Advertiser for the NFL I completely understood their PC statement. Personally I started boycotting the NFL last year...
So, that started me shopping for more of a 'Deal' than a Hyundai Accent. I did not want to put any cash into a deal. I wanted maximum trade value for a new car...Title for Title. I was more than agreeable to pay the Admin Fee and Legal Transfer of my Tag. What I wanted more than anything else is to get that Ford Name out of my garage and off of my property forever.
So, I drove a LOT of different cars and trucks including the Hyundai Azera, Sonata Hybrid, Veloster, and CPO Base Genesis Coupe. Nothing really clicked until I drove this Compact Accent Sport Hatchback all the way in the back. The kind of car on the lot that was further back and hardest to get out than all the others. What I had researched was that the Accent Sport was a 'middle of the pack' car in the Sub Compact Category. Actually, it is not. The EPA Changed the Accent to a Compact with the refreshed 2016 Model Year. As soon as you drive the car you will understand why. This is NOT a tiny little subcompact that squeezes everyone into place. I am 5'10", 225, Athletic Build, and a lousy lower back. This car FITS me and keeps me comfortable on the road. In other words NO BACK PAIN. Manual Seats with a pre built in lumbar adjustment BUT completely and comfortably adjustable.
So, the short answers to your question bullets are...
Price...Sticker was $19,945(They added a Paint and Fabric Protection Package)
Deal... I paid $13,000 for the Accent Sport and they gave me $13,000 for my 2009 Mustang GT. You can do the math... Title for Title
Quality...This is a Solid Car. Drive it. Fairly quiet on all roads. Decent stock Sound System.
Performance...Adequate. IF they had offered a Turbo Option I would have paid for it... One Engine goes in all 4 Models. The Sport has the 6 Speed Tranny. You can select Eco Mode or ESP on the Shifter if you feel like running through all the gears electronically and manually. So far I'm doing exactly what they EPA Sticker Numbers are saying. 27/37 on Pump 87 Gas with Ethanol. I rarely have more than 2 people in the car or me and my dog. I personally do NOT use the ECO Shift Mode Option. Drive the car and you'll see for yourself. Go time means Go time... 137HP? Yeah... A Good Powertrain Combo BUT you'll wish Hyundai had offered the Veloster Turbo Engine when you're on the Interstate and passing.... Just Saying...
Also, the Accent is NOT the 'Safest' Compact Car on the road. 4 Stars on Frontal vs. 5 Stars. However, we're splitting hairs here because my insurance, USAA, did quote me a much lower annual premium figure so I'm not complaining. Hey, it's got 6 Airbags, Crumple Zones, ABS, ECS, Awesome Brakes, and Seat belts... Good Enough for me.
Maintenance...The first Oil Change at 3,750 Miles is free at the Dealership. There is literally nothing else to do besides R&B and O&F every 7500miles. Air Filter at 30K Miles unless driving in really nasty atmospheric conditions.
Kumho Solus 16" Performance Radial All Season Tires (Korean Tires) that are rated for 60,000 miles. Awesome Disc Brakes. 10Year Coolant. 100K Mile Plugs. I mean, I only drive 5,000-7,500 miles per year and with a 5/60 Warranty whats to worry about? Nothing...
However, I just had my local Tint Shop do a Full Tint on the Car. Also, I bought the Hyundai Accent Cargo Tray for the back cargo area. Definitely a must have in my opinion with the raised lip to protect the interior from spills.
A lot of your decision making will involve the Dealership Experience. I have been very lucky with Allen Turner here in Pensacola. Great people to work with and they always took care of my Sonata Services and Factory Recalls (Software issues). You'll have to negotiate your best deal but in the end there are SO many left over 2017 Sedans on the Dealer's Lots that it is a BUYERS MARKET.
Good Luck in your shopping. Hope this helped.
JP