Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Risk in draining transmission fluid

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Default Thank you!

Thank you everyone for your input. I'm convinced now to get my "tranny" flushed Vera

Old 07-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Banned

just make sure the job is done right. correct method should be to drop the pan, clean it out (usually magnets in there that collect small metal particles, not sure about accents but most cars do), replace the filter as well as doing a flush using the trans cooler lines. just dropping the pan does not get all the fluid as theres still a large amount of old fluid sitting in the cooler and the torque converter. just doing the flush doesn't get the filter replaced or the pan cleaned.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

There is no replaceable filter in the pan. The only filter in the trans is deep inside and can only be replaced by dismantling the entire transmission.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Banned

ah thanks for the correction. wasn't sure, some autos dont really have that filter. i know my old car only had a metal screen enclosed in sheet metal. never touched an auto accent except for a test drive, too slow for me

Old 07-24-2010, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the new info! I'll print it out and take it to my mechanic. Normally I'd agree with one who said Accents are slow, but my car is painted red, so it's in the sports car category! lol

Old 07-24-2010, 10:36 AM

Any recommended mechanics for this job in Orange County, CA?

Old 07-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by veragrazia
Thanks for the new info! I'll print it out and take it to my mechanic. Normally I'd agree with one who said Accents are slow, but my car is painted red, so it's in the sports car category! lol
thats only half way there, you need a bunch of stickers that advertise various performance parts that are not installed on your car anyways - each sticker is worth 10hp!!

that and a 4" fart can that ruins your torque is a must.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Default lol

lol! that got many a laugh in my household :-)

Old 07-25-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by NovaResource
There is no replaceable filter in the pan. The only filter in the trans is deep inside and can only be replaced by dismantling the entire transmission.

That trans has the bottom pan.. Hyundai sells a filter kit (pan gasket & filter)...

I have replaced many of them.

The trans with the filter stuck inside is the NGT with side pan. We can service wire harness and solenoids, and external seals, not allowed to split the case, that is for the contracted repair facility to do.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 AM

Quick semi related question. If I just do the drain and refill method about how much fluid should I put back in? I have a 2001 Hyundai accent on a dry-fill it takes 6.8 quarts.

Quick Reply: Risk in draining transmission fluid