Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 05:36 PM
Default Stalling

Hey any ideas as to why my car randomly stalls out on me. It’s when I come to a slow down it stop the engine just stalls and cuts off. Then I have to wait about 10-15 mins before it will start back up. There isn’t any check engine light or anything else it just randomly stalls.

Old 10-08-2019, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vinyard
Hey any ideas as to why my car randomly stalls out on me. It’s when I come to a slow down it stop the engine just stalls and cuts off. Then I have to wait about 10-15 mins before it will start back up. There isn’t any check engine light or anything else it just randomly stalls.
It is a 2011 Hyundai Accent by the way only 81,000 miles.

Old 10-08-2019, 09:25 PM

That's not a lot of information to make a pointed suggestion. I think I would first look at the spark plugs, maybe replace them. How about cleaning the MAF sensor? Is the air filter ok? There may be a vacuum leak at the intake side. Make sure the battery poles and connections are clean and snug.

You could check for codes and pending codes even though the check engine light is not on.

Is that a GDI engine?

Old 10-09-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by allegretto
That's not a lot of information to make a pointed suggestion. I think I would first look at the spark plugs, maybe replace them. How about cleaning the MAF sensor? Is the air filter ok? There may be a vacuum leak at the intake side. Make sure the battery poles and connections are clean and snug.

You could check for codes and pending codes even though the check engine light is not on.

Is that a GDI engine?
It is a gdi engine and I’m sorry that’s really all the information I have I’ve checked the plugs and wires run fuel cleaner through it and still having this problem.

Old 10-09-2019, 10:50 PM

GDI engines build up carbon on the intake valve within the intake canal. That build up affects the airflow and can cause rough running and quite possibly stalling. A fuel cleaner in the gas tank will not reach these deposits because the fuel is injected into the cylinder , not the intake port. CRC makes an intake cleaner for GDI engines. On the can you will find a protocol on how to use it. I would try this first before anything else.