Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Tranny troubles

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 04:13 PM

Hello Guys,

I do have a 2009 accent automatic transmission with same problems.

Any ideas about a possible fix, I mean is there any part I can replace and get the problem fixed, because on these basis I don't think the the tranny would last for long time.

Hope some of you people who had the same problem managed to get the problem fixed.

thanx.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:11 PM

So I'm going on a extended road trip this weekend, I'm going to tape the shifts that the car makes and show them to the dealer. Maybe if I can figure out how to post them on this site.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 PM

this is not a "normal condition" but it is common
find another dealer and send off a complaint about your currant one,
were i work we warranty these trannys regularly for this complaint

Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 PM

Sooooooo what is the problem and what it the fix? The dealer I go to used to be a Saturn/Saab dealer but all the techs have been the to hyundia school. Its a pretty basic transmission, nothing fancy. If you have specific details on whats gone wrong that would be great. Thanks hy-tech.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:36 AM

Just to update you guys , two weeks ago I discovered I leak in the transmission fluid

coming out of the Leveling Stick( the one used to know the fluid level), you may wonder

how the hell can this happen, well it happened and the tranny fluid is really spreading all

over the engine, this is good and bad, bad because a new serious problem added to the

previous problems, good because this time I have a real clear clue that the tranny has

problems, so that when I take to the dealership clowns they will not be able to deny the

tranny problems. Well, I took the car, explained everything for them and showed them

the oil leak, and the car stayed for full 5 days, then I went to pick up the car, they told

me that they have changed 3 parts, the transmission gasket and two other parts the

clerk which I met there, said I don’t know what they are? and the mechanic isn’t there,

I took the car for a test for 120km highway, and surprise, surprise still the transmission is

jerky and the oil leaking out the leveling stick, and also a new problem is introduced leak

at the place where they changed the gasket(also called sealing). All these were good

reasons to get me mad, I called the clowns back and they said you can bring the car

anytime back to us, today I took it to them and now the car is with them and as they

say they will start working on it on next Saturday, since I had no choice but to accept.

That’s all, I started to hate Hyundai cars to honest, but anyway I still have hope that

they will repair it sooner or later and as long as it’s in the warranty I don’t care

Old 10-14-2010, 01:03 PM

I know what you mean by "starting to hate" we are looking at either trading to a GTI, Juke or my joice a slighlty used RSX. I have no leaks on the tranny, the oil turned very dark early in life. Hyundia refuses to flush the trans under warranty and my wife has no confidence in the car during rush hour traffic. I have had trans issues on a 95 GMC but that was fluid related when the dodge dealer i bought the truck from flushed it with dodge atf and filled the trans over full. This caused it to foam and put the torque converter into lockup. An additive prevented it from foaming until i could get it flushed, once flushed with Mobile1 the trans smartened right up. The hyundia tech I talked to had no idea what could cause this problem with the Accent and figured a flush was a waste of time.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:04 AM

hello and welcome again guys,

3 days ago i went to the dealership to pick my car back, they said your car is ready and good for driving. well, i asked the guy there not the mechanic, the office guy who is lacking the knowledge of mechanical parts, what parts did you change in my car? he said we found the part responsible for pumping the oil into the transmission unstable and then we went for replacement, we replaced with a new one as he says, and we fixed it well this time, i guess the part he is talking about is the "transmission oil pump". I took the car highway yesterday for a trip of around 200 km and I really steped hard on the gas pedal just to check if the problem is still and thank god the transmission was shifting smoothly all the trip so i guess i got the problem solve, and oil pump was the reason behind all that hassle... hope you get yours solved too, thanks and good luck for everybody, I don't have to go for uncomfortable rides on the Jeep anymore the sweet accent is riding smoothly like never before

Old 10-21-2010, 11:54 AM

Hey guy, can you verify what the dealer changed out. That would be a great help in getting my trans fixed. Thanks

Old 10-21-2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by SolidSnake
hello and welcome again guys,

what parts did you change in my car?
I hope/assume you got an invoice-receipt when you pick up your car... somewhere on there, there is a parts list showing quantity, part number, and part description.. can you post those part numbers and names as seen on receipt ??
Show me the parts

Old 10-21-2010, 01:34 PM

the receipt they gave me is empty has no parts names on it just empty one, the part they changed is the transmission oil pump, or in other words the mechanism responsible for pumping oil into the the transmission

Quick Reply: Tranny troubles