Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Weird issue, resulted in smog check failure :( ugggg

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 PM
Default Weird issue, resulted in smog check failure :( ugggg

I was reading about the Fuel Level Sensor problems that Hyundai Accents can have (among other vehicles), mine is a 2005. It seems that typically the fuel gauge may not read correctly and the Check Engine Light may illuminate, these things happening together, indicating a problem with the Fuel Level Sensor. My car doesn't have any problem accurately reading the fuel level, but the check engine light came on, and has stayed on, for the last week. I went in to get the smog test and flunked, thanks to (fault code) "P0461 fuel Level Sensor Range/Performance."
So the sensor in my car doesn't have a problem determining how much fuel is in the tank (I've been watching it closely), but the smog inspection report they gave me says "This vehicle failed the MIL/Check Engine Light Test due to a Warning Lamp Failure." So I am hoping it is just the sensor itself that needs replacing? Or maybe I even have a serious electrical issue? I don't think it is the fuel vapor line problem if it is more specifically an electrical issue?
Anyway, don't know if anyone has had a similar problem...