Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Weird issue...no windows, heat or wipers

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Default Weird issue...no windows, heat or wipers

I have an 03 elantra and had a weird thing happen to me yesterday. I went to turn the heat from my feet to the windsheild and the **** felt almost stuck. I tried it again and it kinda clicked into the next position. However when I did this the blower stopped, the lights for the AC/rear defrost turned off and later in the trip I noticed that my windows/sunroof aren't working and my intermittent wipers do not work anymore but the low and high speed do.

To make it even weirder, I had about 90 minutes left in my trip when this happened and as the trip continued I could feel hot air coming out of the vent and although adjusting the temp **** or blower ****, the heat stayed consistently hot and barely coming out....a lot like it was on the vent option with high heat and the lowest blower setting. Again today when I went out the heat took a while, but slowly started to feel it come out. Also, the rear defrost definitely works, although the light does not light up. I had some fog on the back window last night after this happened and turned it on and sure enough, 5 minutes later there were the defrost lines.

I checked all fuses that I could get to and none appear to be blown...anybody have any ideas what could effect all of these different areas of the car?

Old 03-08-2009, 02:08 PM
Banned

The unfortunate thing here is that all these components are controlled by the BCM or body control module. But is sounds like something broke in heat control physically. Is it still under warranty?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:35 PM

Thanks for your post. Do you have any idea what it would cost to replace that if it was bad?

I don't think it is under warranty anymore. I bought it used in 05 with 43k miles. At the time, although I bought it from an independent dealer I think the Hyundai service department told me that they honor 4 years, 60k miles from used data of purchase regardless of where the 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty is at. If that is true (and I am remembering correctly) I passed the 40k miles about 10k ago.

Do you know what the standard warranty is for a used?