Hyundai Accent Offered in a 2 or 3 door hatchback, or 4 door sedan ,this compact offers room to seat 4 people and excellent economy.

Windshield Fluid Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Default Windshield Fluid Help

Just had a quick question...Windshield Fluid is not working on my 2006 Hyundai Accent.

Temperature outside is about -15
Reservior is topped up with Windshield fluid rated for -35
Activate switch on steering wheel, front wipers go but nothing squirting out
No humming noise coming from pump when switch is activated
Feeling the tubes under the hood they feel hollow
Rear Jet works fine
Drove the car for an hour figuring the heat from the engine might thaw any frozen points...nothing.

Does anyone have any idea on what the problem might be? Wasn't sure if the rear jet is fed by the same pump as he front (which would mean pump is working) or if there is a blockage in the front line somewhere...

Thanks for any help! If it was the pump anyone know if it's covered under Warranty in Canada?

Old 01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Banned
Default RE: Windshield Fluid Help

If you don't hear the motor, then either the fuse is blown, the switch is bad, or the pump is frozen. Probably the pump is frozen, but check the fuse first under the dash on drivers side.
Should be the wiper fuse, as shown it the diagram. Remove the pump next, try to thaw it out. If not that, check continuity on the switch between terminal 3 and 7 with switch on.

COMPONENTS

1.Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.[/align]2.Remove the front bumper cover. (Refer to Body group - Front bumper)[/align]3.Remove the washer hose and the washer motor connector (A).[/align]4.Remove the washer reservoir after removing 3 bolts.[/align]

1.Remove the steering column upper and lower shrouds (A) after removing 3 screws.[/align]2.Remove the wiper switch (A) by pushing the lock pin (B) after disconnecting the connector.[/align]3.Installation is the reverse of removal.[/align]INSPECTIONCheck for continuity between the terminals while operating the wiper and washer switch. If it is not normal condition, replace wiper and wiper switch.[/align]WIPER SWITCHWASHER SWITCH

Last edited by NovaResource; 09-20-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 PM

Thanks for your help! Tried the fuse but that wasn't the problem...so I'm going with the Pump being frozen and will try thawing out tomorrow.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 PM

Paul keep us posted with a followuP when you can please!
thx
dd

Old 02-10-2021, 01:52 PM

Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I'm dealing with the same thing on my 2019 Hyundai Tucson. Temperate here have been in the teens, and yesterday my both my front windshield and rear window nozzles did not spray. I don't hear the pump either

Old 02-11-2021, 07:14 AM
Default Fan won't turn on.

I have a 1997 Hyundai Accent 1.5 GLS that I recently did a head gasket on. Everything is back together, and she runs beautifully, but the fan does not turn on. I have replaced the engine temp sensor as well as the fan switch located on the thermostat housing twice, but it does exactly the same thing. While the car idles, I unplug the fan switch, and the fan comes on. Reconnect the plug, it turns off directly. What can the problem be?

Old 02-11-2021, 11:30 AM

The general idea is for the fan to come on to protect the components should an electrical failure develop.or the circuit opens allowing the fan to run.
Can we inquire how you determined the fan was not working as designed?

Old 02-11-2021, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cameljockey79
Did you ever figure out what the issue was? I'm dealing with the same thing on my 2019 Hyundai Tucson. Temperate here have been in the teens, and yesterday my both my front windshield and rear window nozzles did not spray. I don't hear the pump either
Your pump may have experienced water and frozen over. Yeah, the fluid says good down to -35 but, sometimes water gets into the system.
Wait til warmer days or got to a heated garage and replace the fluid after the motor starts working again.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:42 PM

The sensor is not telling the fan that the coolant is hot enough??

Old 02-12-2021, 07:35 AM

Some cooling fan systems do not work with the sensor turning them on. A relay stays energized (contacts open) until either the hold signal is dropped or there is an electrical failure . Then the fan comes on. It's like a fail safe design where if control is lost the fans come on automatically thereby preventing an overheat condition..
It works the reverse of what we are used to seeing...

Quick Reply: Windshield Fluid Help