Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

2006 Azera Oxygen Sensors need replacement. Any idea on the costs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 04:09 PM
Default 2006 Azera Oxygen Sensors need replacement. Any idea on the costs?

just got a read out scan from Autozone & took it to a new shop I wanted to try out. They said I needed 4 sensors with parts about $1100 & labor $370 for a total of $1500. Having checked RepairPal and others that seems about double what it should be. Any thoughts? I can upload the AZ scan.

Attached Files
Old 08-09-2022, 06:20 PM

Can we ask where did that scan report come from,, March???

This is what I would suggest.
The vehicle computer should be cleared of all codes and then rechecked for what codes come back
If any old codes are not cleared , it could send you on a wild goose chase.

Please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get the code numbers and post them here. You can get a pretty reliable diagnosis here and if nothing else we can hopefully keep you from getting taken.

Not to fault Autozone, but they are in business to sell parts.

It is EXTREMELY RARE for all oxygen sensors to fail at once,and by the way find a different shop, they saw you coming.

There are several codes involving oxygen sensors and each one has a different test/repair.
Can you do this.?

Old 08-09-2022, 09:05 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was March & while I can drive the car it's rough of course & at time very hard to start. Looking around after I got the quote, I have a couple of options. I found a guy on next-door ( mobile mechanic) who will check a car for $20. Of I just did a search and all the main players parts stores are nearby ( Advanced, O'Reilly etc) Any thoughts? I know you said that AZ is in business to sell parts, but the report looked pretty detailed. Maybe have a reset done then check?

Old 08-13-2022, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was March & while I can drive the car it's rough of course & at time very hard to start. Looking around after I got the quote, I have a couple of options. I found a guy on next-door ( mobile mechanic) who will check a car for $20. Of I just did a search and all the main players parts stores are nearby ( Advanced, O'Reilly etc) Any thoughts? I know you said that AZ is in business to sell parts, but the report looked pretty detailed. Maybe have a reset done then check?

Old 08-13-2022, 04:59 PM

There is a difference between us out here and the gent that offered to check your vehicle. He is there to see for himself just what is going on and we cannot do that.
If you are comfortable with him, by all means consider providing him a chance to help you out. You and us later , will know if that was a good move or not.

Please let us know how you make out with this, thanks.

Old 02-23-2024, 05:51 AM

yes atleast give it a try