Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

2006 Azera Suspension System

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:33 AM
Default 2006 Azera Suspension System

I have read in previous forums about the problems with the first 2006 Azera suspension. I have a 2006 and the suspension is loud and hard. It does not ride at all like a "luxury" car should, and is real loud and hard over the nasty city streets I drive all the time. I have also read that they fixed this in the 2007 models.

Has anybody found a fix for this problem that does not involve major surgery to the car? It rides just fine, quiet and smooth on the Interstates.

Eugene in NC

Old 08-28-2009, 07:07 PM

Eugene, to fix the problem, you are most likely looking at changing the springs and struts. You will need the newer version of these to change the ride charecteristic of the vehicle, but I will tell you the truth.......I am not overly impressed with the way that the softer setup handles. It just seems to spongy to me. I did timing chain tensioners on an Azera just today and after I finished, I took it for a test drive to make sure everything was good to go and I couldn't help but wonder to myself why they made such a nice car and gave it such a crapy suspension setup. ??? Not like what I would have done with it if I had been in charge of that area.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1eugene445
I have also read that they fixed this in the 2007 models. Eugene in NC
Nope. My 07 had the ride and handling and finesse of a water buffalo. Although, I must say that for the first 3-5K miles it was a very good ride. But it was all down hill from there. Hyundai replaced the shocks as per the TSB and it was good for another 3K miles but it was soon back to the same old wallowing and bouncing like a basketball and porpoising. I got rid of the car a month ago and bought an Infiniti and have not looked back.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by campoly
I got rid of the car a month ago and bought an Infiniti and have not looked back.
Except for when you come on the Azera thread to read the latest about a car you don't even own anymore.

Old 09-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by campoly
I got rid of the car a month ago and bought an Infiniti and have not looked back.
Originally Posted by TheWidowsSon
Except for when you come on the Azera thread to read the latest about a car you don't even own anymore.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Thumbs up Your Going to Love this One!

Hello Friends,I have a 2007 Azera-22,200 miles.My car developed a tilt left do to the roads tilting left and me being 275 lbs(solid muscle-LOL)and just about the only one ever in the car.My girlfriend weighs 115 lbs wet,if you know what I mean.With her in the car,I still had to fight the car to the right.Then the other morning I drove my friend to the airport.He is 6'4 320 lbs(fat as hell-LOL).My car road like new,but better.So I said to myself that I need to add weight on the right side.So instead of knocking off my friend(the smelly bastard-LOL) I went and bought some bags of pea gravel-five 50 lb bags and now I'm pimping big time.Rides smoother and takes bumps better than ever before.I know your thinking this guys a freaking idiot.My friends-Screw mpg.If you Fly Solo alot,this is the ticket.