Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

2009 Azera Front Headlamp Assembly Removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Default 2009 Azera Front Headlamp Assembly Removal

I have a 2009 Azera, someone backed into the drivers side headlamp and it is out of alignment more than the adjustmetns repair. ANyone know how to remove the entire assembly, i believe the brackes underneath and behind are bent downward. thanks for responding

Old 07-25-2010, 05:26 PM

You need a 10mm socket or wrench and remove the (3) bolts holding lamp assembly to vehicle.. then wiggle/pull lamp out, unplug connector(s)..

Not hard, it's the 3rd bolt that'll make you mad..

Old 09-28-2017, 11:11 AM

I need to replace a headlight in my 2009 hyundai azera

Old 08-22-2021, 04:17 PM
Default 2009 Azera Headlamp Assembly Removal

Where precisely should I look for the 3rd bolt securing the left headlamp assembly? The top two are in plain sight. The "bottom" one is very hard to find. Is it necessary to remove the bumper? There is a photo in the Owner Manual, but it looks like the bumber is removed.

Old 03-28-2022, 07:44 PM
Default 3rd bolt location on assembly

Originally Posted by RAWittenburg
Where precisely should I look for the 3rd bolt securing the left headlamp assembly? The top two are in plain sight. The "bottom" one is very hard to find. Is it necessary to remove the bumper? There is a photo in the Owner Manual, but it looks like the bumber is removed.

The 3rd bolt is actually a nut. Its is a stud coming out of the assembly itself. Left hand side to left of adjuster screw. It's tough to get out. I needed a pry par underneath carefully

Old 03-29-2022, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by starner2022
The 3rd bolt is actually a nut. Its is a stud coming out of the assembly itself. Left hand side to left of adjuster screw. It's tough to get out. I needed a pry par underneath carefully
Thanks, for the tip. I was unable to locate the stud and nut; so I kept analysing the situation for a different solution, mainly by comparing the right assembly with the left. I discovered that the rubber gasket surrounding the lens (shown in the Owners Manual) was detached. I re-sealed it by carefully applying weather stripping glue from the local AutoZone store, using painters' tape to mask the surrounding area. I also discovered that a 1"x1"x4" black foam seal, located on top of the fender, near the windshield, approximately at the firewall, designed to block water coming from the windshield, was also detached (glue had given out). I resealed that one, too. It all worked. The headlight assembly no longer fills with moisture dropletts, and the car passed it's state safety inspection.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by starner2022
Thanks, for the tip. I was unable to locate the stud and nut; so I kept analysing the situation for a different solution, mainly by comparing the right assembly with the left. I discovered that the rubber gasket surrounding the lens (shown in the Owners Manual) was detached. I re-sealed it by carefully applying weather stripping glue from the local AutoZone store, using painters' tape to mask the surrounding area. I also discovered that a 1"x1"x4" black foam seal, located on top of the fender, near the windshield, approximately at the firewall, designed to block water coming from the windshield, was also detached (glue had given out). I resealed that one, too. It all worked. The headlight assembly no longer fills with moisture dropletts, and the car passed it's state safety inspection.