Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Replacing the Azera's radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Default Replacing the Azera's radio

Hi, I'm new to the forums and I was wondering if any one could help me out. I have a 2006 Azera and would like to replace the factory radio unit with something along the lines of an Alpine CDA-105.
I'm not a big audiophile and don't plan on upgrading the speakers and what not. I've just grown really tired of listening to the radio and would rather have access to all of my music via iPod.
I've looked up things on the internet and it seems that I can't just remove the factory radio and install the Alpine unit. However, there aren't really clear instructions as to what I would need to do in order to install such a unit. Does anyone know if I need to buy some sort of a mounting bracket such as this Metra unit or if I can infact just purchase the Alpine unit and replace the factory unit with it?
This would be my first modification to any car so if anyone could explain at a fairly basic level, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 07-03-2009, 03:39 PM

I know this is late, but I just had to replace the radio in my Azera.

Call Crutchfield. They will sell you the mounting bracket. In addition, they might even have the adapter to your albpine.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:10 AM
Default Swap XM for IPOD

I know this is late too...but:
If you have XM radio (the device, not the service), there is a device from ISimple which replaces the XM with an Ipod input and extra Aux input.
Costs about $140.
It includes a module and a harness. I believe the effect is to disconnect your XM and replace it with the other inputs.
You need to find somewhere to route the Ipod and Aux wires and I think you lose the built-in XM capability because you use the XM button to handle the Ipod. You keep the original factory look rather than aftermarket gear with a mounting bezel.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 PM

If gaining an auxilary input is all that you are after, your dealer can supply you with an FM modulator to fix this. You can also buy this item from a number of different places such as Crutchfield or your local car audio store.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:07 AM

well friend you are abit late but if you wanna replace your radio then u can call the crutch field they will do it.or u can replace
it with the ipod input