Hyundai Azera A Hyundai like you've never seen before.

Wheels on the new Azera and questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Default Wheels on the new Azera and questions

I am about a month away from buying the 2006 Azera. Sunday I went to the dealership here in town and really looked at the car. I haven't driven one yet, that will be in a few weeks. I have really been researching the car on all internet sources and what I see so far everyone likes the car. I'm sure there may be a bug here and there but it is a new model. Not many colors to choose from which brings me to a question. I really don't like the standard the wheels on the limited Azera. That is the car I want. The SE has a better looking wheel but it is also on smaller tires. Does Hyundai offer another sportier wheel on their Limited Azera.

Another thing is I understand that the ride is soft and agile according to Consumer Reports. How does everyone feel about the ride. What about the radio, is it true the dealer needs to program the radio and that is an additional cost? Gas milage is a key with gas going up everyday. Yet I have a V6 Camry and it only gets 19-24 miles to the gallon in the city. I think its all about how one drives and using the AC will take more gas.

I did sit in the new Azera on Sunday and wow what a car. So many options I may need to take off work for a week just to find out what I have in the car. I'm looking forward to the purchase and so far before I deal on the car it looks like the best price my be around 27,000 on list working down to 25,500.00 What is the best price you purchased the Azera for? Dealing with car dealers is a pain and I just don't want to get screwed. I did look in Kelly Blue Book and NADA to find the invoice price but there is also hold backs and speciial dealer buys on the automobiles. I feel if I car get the car out the door for 26,500 I may be getting a good deal but 27 would be fine to.

Thanks for the help and take care

Les[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Old 08-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Default RE: Wheels on the new Azera and questions

I bought mine 3 weeks ago and I love it. I will be surprised if you can find a 2006 a month from now, there aren't many left. My new 2006 Limited was 27495 sticker (no sunroof or Infinity radio), and it was advertised for 22899 in the paper and that is what I paid, including $1000 rebate. This price is for 2006 close-outs. The 2007s will not be that cheap.

The ride is not sport-tuned. It is a little soft but VERY pleasant. Quiet and smooth. As for the wheels, I like them. You can buy any wheel you want aftermarket. I would not ask a dealer to change wheels unless you want to pay a lot of money.

I am getting about 20-21 MPG commute driving, half on expressway. 28-29 interstate. My radio is just like every car radio I have ever had. Don't know about the Infinity.

As for dealer pricing, all you can do is get a price from 2 or 3 dealers and take the best offer. I usually confront my closest dealer with the best price I could find and they will most often match it.

Old 08-08-2006, 11:58 PM

Ok you answered most of my questions. Is there going to be a 2007 and what changes are going to be done to the body if any? When is the 2007 coming out? I haven't read anything about a 2007 Azera. I did see on Sunday some 2007 Sonnata's which are pretty sharp. Ok I may stick to the factor wheels. The sticker price with the limited package with sunroof and upgrade on the radio is 29100 here in Cincinnati. Yet with the 1000 bucks off and dealer invoice of $25,500 I should strike a good deal.

Thanks for your help.

Old 08-09-2006, 01:19 AM

2007s have been out for a few weeks. My dealer only had 4 06s left, and 8 or 10 07s. 2006 was a new model, there are no changes I know of for 07.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:48 PM

I have had my 2006 Azera for 6 weeks now and have 2550 miles on it. I am averaging 23.6 mpg with my highway speed around 65 and in town 30-35 mph. Dealers in the Dallas/Ft Worth area anr advertising in the paper "$5,000" off list price. My MSRP was a little over 30k which is about every option including the $200 for special paint. I traded in a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE with 54,000 miles on it and got the car for $12,000 and the Toyota. I bought mine within 1 hour of first seeing the car as I was impressed with it and felt the deal was too good to turn down.

The doors did not lock automatically when taking off or putting the car in gear but the dealer programmed the computer for $36 so that it would. I also don't think the cup holders are deep enough, the headlights don't shine far enough down the road on low beam, and I wish XM or Sirius and a Navigation system were options.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:05 PM

Interesting about the door locks. I will see if my dealer will do it for free. The cutoff on the low beams is really noticable, but I find it kind of cool. Most new cars with halogens blind the other drivers. In most metro areas, blinding low beams are not needed, we have street lights to see by. Sounds like you got a great deal. I think we first year buyers have found a real "sleeper" in a fantastic car.

Has anyone been brave enough to test the anti-pinch feature on the auto-up power windows? I can't do it. I also find it strange that the trunk can be opened if you do not lock the doors. I don't see a problem, it is just different.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 PM

]The door lock thing should be change free of charge since it is a new car. That sould be covered in the warranty. Before I buy the car I need to remember to ask about that one as well. The low beams on the car have been written up in several car magazines. As long as there is a good distance of light shining down the road and one car see I
guess would be ok. You answered the question on the wheels. I guess if I want different wheels I can always get them from the dealer. I may just stick with the ones on the car.

The kicker is $5000.00 off the sticker. Here in Cincinnati the best deal now on the limited is a $1000.00 rebate. So on the car I price out with the ulitimate package the sicker would be $28,995 plus destination minus $1000.00 rebate which takes it down to $28,645.00 I haven't begun to deal as of yet but I can see getting the car for around $27,000. I hope a $5000 off the sticker will pop up in Sept. when I purchase the car.

The one thing I do notice is I never see any advertisement on the Azera on TV or in magazines. They are really pushing the Sonata but not the Azera. Maybe there will be a push on the car in the next few months.

The 2007 Azera are they offering any new colors on the car? Currently they offer limited colors and this can be a drawback for some consumers.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:53 AM

Get your wheels from Discounttiredirect.com or Tirerack.com (tires,too for that matter) you can let them choose by make and model or youself using a wheel with 5 bolt x 4.5" (114.3mm) bolt circle and 40 mm offset with 66.5 mm center ring. One thing toremember is that the tires you want to use are about 26.75" diameter, 765 revs per mile. For diameter use this formula:
tire section width x twice the aspect ratio in hundreths; result divided by 25.4 and that answer added to the wheel diameter, e.g.

((235x2x0.55)/25.4) + 17 = 27.17" diameter. I used this example because it is one of the few tires which, although correct, does not yield the actual rolling radius that calculates the correct value, which is 768 for the Pirelli tire recommended (400AA, 80k mileage warranty from discount tire direct). Thats why it is a direct replacement for the 225/60x16 tire which also has a rolling radius of 768 revs/mile

By the way, several have commented on the darty/floaty feeling in the azera suspension. Although we have not finished our shock/spring motion testing I more suspect rear shocks are the culprit. The rears are so soft that the back end wants to wallow easily. our solution has been to lower the front by one coil (5/8") and install heavy duty rear shocks. Unfortunately, we had to custom make the rear shocks and they cost $100 each. But they really work.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:56 PM

Two Hyundai's, two different dealers. Neither charged me for the "programming options".

Mark
Ball Ground, GA