Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2002 Elantra Remote Start Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Default 2002 Elantra Remote Start Questions

How does one install a Crime Stopper RS4-G3 remote start kit on a 2002, Elantra GLS, Manual Trans? The instructions are vague and I don't know where to begin. Does the car have some wire that tests if its in neutral? Does the car have a negative or positive door lock system? Do I need a relay or anything? All the diagrams online doesn't mention anything of them and the manual says that it may and may not and that is it. I can tackle identifying wires etc, but not knowing if I need a relay etc is frustrating.

Are there any guides out for this that someone has made? I have been searching for the last two days and come up with only elantra wire locations. The Crime Stopper instructions on the other hand are terrible, it doesn't mention to you which group of wires to work with and it tells you about colors of wires that aren't on any of the harnesses. Anyhow, If someone could lead me in the right direction, I purchased a remote start for my car as my little girl is always freezing in the mornings when I take her to school.

Thanks.

Last edited by ampedout; 11-16-2012 at 11:43 PM.