Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2002 Elantra Still

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2021, 01:17 PM
Default 2002 Elantra Still

Hi,

Since my last post I have the 2002 Elantra GLS started and getting fuel. I wish it would have simply left well enough alone at that point.

Since I swapped the starter and fixed the fuel leaks I now had a symptom of a speedometer not working. Keep in mind that the car ran without problems aside from that. Through various elimination and videos I have changed three vehicle speed sensors of one type or another without a solution. I change the in and out on the top of the bottom part of the motor if that makes sense and the third is down lower by the crank area with the plastic gear attached to mate with the wheel spin.

That last one wasn't particularly helpful as now I have bad shifting problems with the transmission and I broker the sensor removing it. Couple questions then...

-How likely a bad sensor came from Advance for the transmission speed sensor?
-What in the world changing a starter could have cause speedo to stop working anyway?

Thanks!
Pittguy.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:01 AM

Don't feel badly, things like this happen all the time.
A good part of the time when replacing one part , another system is affected by either not reconnecting wires,breaking connections or moving things that should not have been moved.
There are a few things you might do,
recheck all your work, then see if there are any codes in the computer to help provide some guidance and go from there.

Keep in mind a code doesn't always mean a component is malfunctioning , all it provides is , what system is involved . The rest is up to the technician.