Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2003 Hyundai Elantra center console

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 04:54 AM
Default 2003 Hyundai Elantra center console

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT 5 speed. I need to know how to get the center console out or how to get down in there I was parked outside before work and went to take my medicine and my clumsy self knocked my whole bottle over and I saw a few of them go in the space under the E brake when I had it up. I'm hoping I can just get a little part to open where I can shine a light to see if i can find them and then use something to grab them rather than take the whole thing apart. I'm a single mom and have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to cars (other than driving them) but I don't have anyone I can take it to that could help, so advice would be appreciated!

Old 03-31-2019, 12:16 PM

Wish we could be more encouraging, however, if we can't see the pills/capsules whatever is in the way will need to be removed so they can be found . Once they are visable ways can be found to reclaim the pills/capsules.Keep in mind there is a lot of "stuff" that may have accumulated in there too . Have you considered asking a local shop if they might be able to help at least to get some of the medicine out?

Old 04-01-2019, 11:29 PM

Detach bezel around the gear selector (automatic) with small screw driver. Lift it out.
Open console and look inside. Two screws. Later models have three.
Then two more screws on the side of the console. Both sides.
Center console should be free. Be careful to lift up and find electrical connectors.
Disconnect any electrical connectors except those with yellow wires.
Do not touch anything with yellow wires.
Yellow wires are air bags or SRS.
Repeat do not touch anything with big yellow wires.
Lift it up over the gear selector.