Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2011 Elantra Navigation Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Default 2011 Elantra Navigation Question

Recently purchased the '11 Elantra Limited with Nav. Love it. Haven't been able to completely figure out the Navigation system though. I want the Shortest route timewise to my destination. In the setup screen my choices are Recommended and Shortest. Does anyone know what "Recommended" Route means? At first it was pre-set to Recommended and it would add upwards of 20 minutes to quicker routes I knew of. I just fouond this screen so I haven't figured out if Shortest is measured in time or miles.

Thanks for the help!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:02 PM

I feel bad no one has responded to your post. My husband's Genesis Coupe has the nav, but we don't use it enough for me to know how to answer your question properly. His nav system USUALLY gives us the most direct and sensible route, but it's not as good as my Garmin, which is why I didn't get the nav sys on my Elantra (aside from not needing it enough to justify the price difference.)

Old 05-10-2011, 03:00 AM

With my navigation in my 2011 Elantra the recommended route has been the best so far, but like you said I know some short cuts it doesnt. When I use the shortest route it usually is longer because it trys to avoid freeways sometimes which I find odd. But I love the GPS, it is very accurate and very easy to read on the screen. I just wish the angle of the screen was steeper because in the day sometimes the glare is bad.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 AM

Thanks for the replies. I still haven't figured it out (tried both Recommended and Shortest on a frequently used route with similar odd results) but for the most part find the Nav useful. I've had similar issues with the stand alone versions although I at least could read in the manual or on screen what units "shortest" was measured in.