Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2023 Elantra Hybrid Blue Key Fob

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 11:27 PM
Default 2023 Elantra Hybrid Blue Key Fob

Greetings:
Anyone know how to reprogram (pair) the key fob for the above listed vehicle. The car does not have a place to insert the key into the steering column. I found a guide online but the steps said to turn the key to the on position but do not start the car. This step is not possible since there is no key insertion point on the steering column.. I can start the car by pushing the start button down with the key fob but this is the only way. I changed the battery in the key fob and it appears to have lost its "pairing." Thanks if anyone can help. Cheers.

Old 10-06-2023, 01:04 PM

If your vehicle has push button start, this is what I would suggest.

In your owner's manual it should tell you if you push the start button without depressing the brake you have turned the key on.

That owners manual has loads of info , you might want to check it out..

Old 10-06-2023, 01:40 PM

Thanks for reply! Well. Turns out the battery was low. I had put in a new one that registered 3.3v so I thought I was good. Took the car to a local locksmith who put in one of their new(er) batteries. She told me when when replacing these CR2032's to be sure and use a name brand like Energizer or Duracell and to check it's expiration date. Leason learned! Hope this helps someone else too!

Old 10-07-2023, 10:17 AM
Talking solved!

Many thanks for your reply! Turns out the new battery I installed and registering 3.3v wasn't enough. Took car and fob to locksmith who said let's try the easiest way first. She installed a new(er) battery and it started working. She said to always use a name brand battery (read Energizer/Duracell etc.) on these fobs. Hope this helps someone else. Cheers.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:18 AM

I like that you answered the question, but damn Hank is there any reason to provide the smart a** response about reading the book? I have learned that not everyone is like you or myself, excitedly sitting down to read the owner’s manual. Just saying. As always, take care.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:39 AM
Default Fixed!

As it turns out the brand new battery I had put in the FOB reading 3.3 volts wasn't strong enough. A lady at a locksmith company said, "let's start with the easy stuff first." She put in a Duracell and the FOB started working. Hope this info helps others.

Old 10-22-2023, 10:55 AM

Like they say,
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink.

Ever wonder why they call it the "Owner's Manual" ?

Old 10-22-2023, 11:00 AM

Well said, well said. It does usually have all the answers to most questions.

Old 10-22-2023, 11:41 AM
Default Fixed!

To hanky, I scoured the owner's manuel to no avail on my problem. I then scoured Youtube for advice and found a couple of resetting ideas. Neither of which worked. Since I had put in the FOB a new battery measuring 3.3v I was certain the FOB had lost "pairing." I headed to a locksmith that said they could re-pair the FOB. When I arrived the clerk said, "let's start with the easy stuff." She the popped in one of her "brand new" batteries and the FOB started working. She said to always use brand name batteries in FOB's. Lesson learned! Hope this helps someone else.

Old 10-22-2023, 04:24 PM

Thank You for your kind words.
We can't expect all the new owners of a new vehicle to actually look in the owner's manual, but what if when a person takes ownership of a new vehicle they slipped the title in the owner's manual ? Now the owner,,,hopefully,, knows it is there and might someday decide to look in it to see what it might say? They just might find their vehicle can do something good for them aside from providing comfortable transportation, fine music and many other good things like where all the coffee holders are located , lol.
Have a great day.

Quick Reply: 2023 Elantra Hybrid Blue Key Fob