Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

2023 Elantra Hybrid Blue Key Fob

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2023, 11:08 AM

Greetings: I scoured the owner's manuel for my issue and nothing remotely close to my problem was listed. I had already installed a brand new battery showing 3.3v on the meter. I went by a local locksmith who said they could "re-pair" the FOB to the car. When I arrived the clerk said, "let's try the easy stuff first." She installed another new battery and the FOB started working. She informed me when replacing the FOB's battery to always use a brand new, brand name battery and to check the expiration date on the battery packaging. Duracell, Energizer,etc. Hope this helps someome else.

Old 10-25-2023, 10:06 AM
Default Fixed!

Greetings. Well, for clarification I did in fact scour the manuel for options regarding the "re-pairing" of the FOB to the car. Nothing was listed. Also scoured Youtube for info and found a couple of tips that did not work. Since I had installed a new battery in the FOB and checked the voltage (3.3v) on it my only recourse was dealership or locksmith. We were headed out of town so after calling around I found a locksmith who said they could re-pair the FOB. When I arrived the clerk said, "let's try the easy stuff first," and proceeded to put in another new battery. It worked, FOB hooked up instantly. She told me to always use a brand name (Energizer, Duracell, etc.) battery in the FOB and to check the expiration date on the package. Hope this helps someone else