Hyundai Elantra While not much larger than the accent, the Elantra offers similar room, but a sportier look and feel, as well as more power.

Elantra 2019 - Vibration and choke

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 01:45 PM
Default Elantra 2019 - Vibration and choke

Hello! I have Elantra 2019 1.6 MPI with manual transmission. My model have two problems, which service can't fix and cannot explain why they happenings.

1. Engine vibrations on idle. When engine have ~1250 RPM, then car start vibrating, but in ~2250 RPM car start vibrating very much (I can close eyes and feel how Elantra massage me)
2. After shift gear up and add gas then at the beginning car start choking. Similar case occuring when i shift gear down and release the clutch. Last case occuring when i start breaking and RPM is near 1100 RPM car again start chocking.

Does anyone have similar problem? Maybe someone know how I can fix that?

Tom

Old 01-21-2022, 06:15 PM

A little review,

An engine needs air , fuel and spark at the right time to tun.

Are all the passages for air to get into the engine all open and clear? From description sounds like it may be starving for air or maybe have a blocked exhaust
Need to make sure that is all clear and OK.

Old 01-22-2022, 05:36 AM

I comapred values from OBD2 with Elantra without above problems. Values are very similar - i can say equal.

What do You think? Should i ignore values and go to mechanic who should view and check engine elements manual?

I am from Poland. On some forums i found similar discussions, but anyone car was not fixed by service. On some sites i found information about wrong engine driver.

Old 01-22-2022, 09:46 AM

I believe it would be a good move to have an experienced person check your vehicle.

Did this problem come out maybe after you just bought fuel?
If so, maybe you received a load of water in that fuel. To make sure that is or is not so, we remove one of the spark plugs and it should be wet with fuel.
Then we hold a lighted match to the wet end of the spark plug and if the fuel is good , the wet part should burn. If not i could be wet with water , which will not burn.
Let us know what you found.

Old 01-22-2022, 10:10 AM

I don't think it is fuel, because i bought fuel many time and nothing change is my cases.

Old 01-22-2022, 12:15 PM

Unless we do this check/test , we do not know if there is a problem there.

We could spend a lot of time chasing our tail when this could be a problem, need to be sure before going on to something else
When gasoline is delivered, sometimes it can come with water mixed in it , sometimes the station has water leaking into the tank fill point. we do not know these things.
So we check and make sure that is not a possibility. If I did not see this several times I would not mention it..I have seen so much $$$ spent replacing good parts when all the problem was contaminated fuel.
It's up to you if you want to check and be sure.

Old 03-17-2022, 03:55 PM

Two days ago I replaced sparks to new one (Denso Iridium). Old sparks was on bad condition.

But it do not resolve my problem. I still feel car jerks. Attach link to video with fuel/airn ratio and rpms from test drive on second gear. For me ratio near 30 when i braking engine looks bad. Which value is valid for engine braking? Do You have any ideas why my car jerks?

https://files.fm/f/5dkkxmcx4
​​​​​​I was visting my dealer and test other 1.6 mpi elantras. They do not have problem with jerks, but vibrations occuring on each car, so it looks like trait od Elantra.

Old 04-03-2022, 11:01 AM

Hello!

I still looking for resolve my problem. Two weeks ago i was checked my sparks. All of them was in bad condition and i replace them to new ones. Also i checked fuel - it is fine.

Do You have other ideas why my car jerking after adding gas?